• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Thats nice Dave, im guessing thats replacement units, where did you get them from? Was it just a straight swap or did it need additional wiring / switches?
Headlights were done in Japan but alsorts were failing so I split and re wired new in
The fogs are complete units from eBay uk ( single units not double, the double pod is again from Japan)
 
I haven't really done much to my Elgrand for ages. That's because all of my time has been put into doing something for it. So, it now has a nice snug garage and workshop.

IMG_20250604_135449138_MP.jpg

IMG_20250604_135336300_MP.jpg
 
I swapped the amber indicator bulbs for LEDs and a cable with a built-in resistor to stop the hyper-flashing.
I did try some silvered ones from Amazon but they were so dim I think they wouldn't have been legal.
04zNJ8em.jpg
 
Something happened today that I have not seen reported before. Driving along, a sudden dip in the road appeared too quickly for me to slow down, I think there may be a collapsed drain. Anyway, the front suspension bottomed right out (happily without any worrying clunks or knocks etc) and when the rear hit the drop and the rose up the other side, it was so violent, one of the rear seats unhooked itself and dropped down. No damage appears to be done to the seat mountings and the leg had deployed itself but had I a Ming vase in the back, it would have been smashed.
I may add a couple of straps or clips over the hooks in the unlikely event it happens again.
 
Bought a pair of front Akebono calipers from eBay, arrived today but with three bolts missing. I think the bolts are quite fundamental to the structural rigidity of the calipers!
Started a complaint, and have buyer protection, but even so, be careful out there.
The seller rhsz08, described them as “Good condition”
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0744.jpeg
    IMG_0744.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top