• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Driven Earl to the fishing pond, lovely drive.
22 Crusian carp and a tench
Site won't let me upload photos today 😒
When I was about 10 so over 60 years ago now I used to fish in my local park lake and it was full of small crucians plus a few tench and a couple of bigger common carp and we used to catch the crucians on small pieces of bread, great fun and to a 10 year with a Woolworths fishing rod they were enormous.

After a lifetime of fishing I still have very fond memories of catching these and they remain one of my favourite species.

Really sad that I seen recently that fishing has now been banned on the lake and it has been drained and refilled at a cost of £400,000 and all the fish destroyed.

The lake can still be used for sailing model boats:confused:
 
Belts and idlers. Tbf my old belts, which were the originals, were still in excellent condition considering they are 20 years old!

IMG-20250606-165516176-HDR.jpg


IMG-20250606-155205848-HDR-AE.jpg


IMG-20250606-165533279-HDR-AE.jpg
 
Finally named her - "Myfanwy", put in a portable fridge freezer (essential for those long road trips with overnight stopovers), made blackouts for all the windows (a 10m role of radiator thermal lining worked perfectly), put in a dog hammock to keep the seats clean from my border collie.
 
Nothing today but did a four hour journey from Yarmouth yesterday “peppa pig style”
Lol
Not sure if I've mentioned this before but many moons ago I was on site working and some others nearby of parental age were discussing the merits of Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly.

One chap went on to explain that the latter were "different class" and that he'd quite happily "slit that fucker's throat" when talking about the former.

Maybe it deserved a slot on Question Time?
 
Not sure if I've mentioned this before but many moons ago I was on site working and some others nearby of parental age were discussing the merits of Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly.

One chap went on to explain that the latter were "different class" and that he'd quite happily "slit that fucker's throat" when talking about the former.

Maybe it deserved a slot on Question Time?
Wow, I was simply referring to “muddy puddles “ lol
 
Best possible way to avoid inheritance tax
Unfortunately not, private vehicle registrations are subject to Inheritance Tax (IHT) if they are owned at the time of death.

The value of the registration will be included in the deceased's estate and assessed for IHT, just like any other asset.


Here's a more detailed explanation:

Personalized registrations are considered assets:
Just like a car, a personalised registration plate is an asset that can be owned and transferred.

Tariffed @40%.
 
Best possible way to avoid inheritance tax
Draw money out as cash, give cash to those you want to have it, they buy something with the cash which they could later sell.

Or on the other side of the coin, ask for it 'upfront' in cash o_O

It's not inheritance if before death and not so easily traced if bank accounts don't show where it went.
 
Something happened today that I have not seen reported before. Driving along, a sudden dip in the road appeared too quickly for me to slow down, I think there may be a collapsed drain. Anyway, the front suspension bottomed right out (happily without any worrying clunks or knocks etc) and when the rear hit the drop and the rose up the other side, it was so violent, one of the rear seats unhooked itself and dropped down. No damage appears to be done to the seat mountings and the leg had deployed itself but had I a Ming vase in the back, it would have been smashed.
I may add a couple of straps or clips over the hooks in the unlikely event it happens again.
If you don't put the seats all the way flat and slightly angled the rear seats will be alot tighter. I had to real push mine to get the clips on but never rattled.
 
Unfortunately not, private vehicle registrations are subject to Inheritance Tax (IHT) if they are owned at the time of death.

The value of the registration will be included in the deceased's estate and assessed for IHT, just like any other asset.


Here's a more detailed explanation:

Personalized registrations are considered assets:
Just like a car, a personalised registration plate is an asset that can be owned and transferred.

Tariffed @40%.
Oh, look who’s here, the party pooper. 🤣
 
Not sure if I've mentioned this before but many moons ago I was on site working and some others nearby of parental age were discussing the merits of Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly.

One chap went on to explain that the latter were "different class" and that he'd quite happily "slit that fucker's throat" when talking about the former.

Maybe it deserved a slot on Question Time?
"Ben & Holly" - mint. Gotta love Nanny Plum
 
Fitted some USB charge ports in the front, a lot neater than having a triple 12v charger for Speedo, android auto screen and phone charging all in the 12v socket.View attachment 114577
I have ordered a couple of these too as it is a great idea.
How do you get access to that panel though?
 
Back
Top