• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Haven't done anything to my Elgrand today, currently waiting to diagnose some transmission problem or other... Going through some old photos, though, and realised I never got round to giving a shout out to TojomotorsUK (@stevemen) and Martin Pollard accident repair in Gloucestershire for the sterling work they did in getting my Elgrand back on the road a year or so back. Steve was great for liaising with the garage and ensuring he sent just what was needed. Thanks very much! It came back looking better than it went in. Probs a bit of a frankenstein's monster in terms of trim, but I prefer the new grille to the old.

View attachment 114527
Stunning finish on that by the look
 
Haven't done anything to my Elgrand today, currently waiting to diagnose some transmission problem or other... Going through some old photos, though, and realised I never got round to giving a shout out to TojomotorsUK (@stevemen) and Martin Pollard accident repair in Gloucestershire for the sterling work they did in getting my Elgrand back on the road a year or so back. Steve was great for liaising with the garage and ensuring he sent just what was needed. Thanks very much! It came back looking better than it went in. Probs a bit of a frankenstein's monster in terms of trim, but I prefer the new grille to the old.

View attachment 114527

Stunning finish on that by the look

Agree, love the colour!!
 
I can categorically state that I have never nearly run into the back of anyone while ogling girls in skimpy clothing, shorts, tiny skirts etc etc.
I once lost control of my pushbike on ice, knocked over about six people at a bustop, it was like human skittles 🤣 I was too busy waving at the girl I fancied on the other side of road. Women have got a lot to answer for 🤣
 
Fitted the gearbox module today. Quick blast around the country side, up and down the gears, no clunking into 4th. One weird problem, won't start in P now, you have be in neutral 🤔,leave that to another day.
Thanks to @msl parts for the bits I needed, top bloke👍
 
Fitted the gearbox module today. Quick blast around the country side, up and down the gears, no clunking into 4th. One weird problem, won't start in P now, you have be in neutral 🤔,leave that to another day.
Thanks to @msl parts for the bits I needed, top bloke👍

The gearshift cable linkage connection can be adjusted by slackening the securing bolt on the gearbox manual valve (gear selector) and sliding it forward/backward in its slot then re-tightening, it is likely that it just needs adjusting slightly.
 
Serviced and mot for Tom yesterday… spark plugs are a total nightmare for removal… not that I done much more than watch 🤣
Today changed the cabin filter and spent more time trying to put the glove box cable back in grrrr
 
Drove mine to Flamborough Head / life boat station and back. On the walk from the lifeboat station carpark to the beach we saw a deer and her very young small calf in the valley beside the road only around 100 yards away. She was licking the calf constantly, we thought maybe it was very recently born.
 
The gearshift cable linkage connection can be adjusted by slackening the securing bolt on the gearbox manual valve (gear selector) and sliding it forward/backward in its slot then re-tightening, it is likely that it just needs adjusting slightly.
Cheers Simon
 
Fitted some USB charge ports in the front, a lot neater than having a triple 12v charger for Speedo, android auto screen and phone charging all in the 12v socket.1000001413.jpg
 
The gearshift cable linkage connection can be adjusted by slackening the securing bolt on the gearbox manual valve (gear selector) and sliding it forward/backward in its slot then re-tightening, it is likely that it just needs adjusting slightly.
Excuse my stupidity Simon, is this inside or outside the box? If inside, I think I know where the problem lies 👍
 
Outside the gearbox on the drivers side.
Thanks, I had to buy the gearbox to get the valve body so have a good reference point. I will offer up the duff unit to it and see what I need to do under the car. Made my £12 P.A. a bargain as usual @Lpgc 👍
 
You'll see the shift cable running through a bracket that's bolted to the side of the gearbox, just behind that you'll see where the end of the shift cable attaches to the gearbox manual valve / selector. Where the end of the shift cable meets the gearbox manual valve / selector the mechanism allows a bit of scope for adjustment.

First try this - with foot on the brake pedal and in Park hold the key in the crank position and try to move the gear knob slightly forward / backward, will it start if trying to move the gearknob?

Does the instrument panel show P when you put it in Park?
 
Moved a new carpet for my Grandad at the weekend, also picked up a polly tunnel for the allotment. My first few longer trips, I’m enjoying the way the Elgrand moves but my partner’s getting motion sick whenever he’s not driving. So this evening I re-blacked some of the trim with all the doors open to try airing out any stale smells and carpet cleaner pong. Any odour neutralising tips?
 
You'll see the shift cable running through a bracket that's bolted to the side of the gearbox, just behind that you'll see where the end of the shift cable attaches to the gearbox manual valve / selector. Where the end of the shift cable meets the gearbox manual valve / selector the mechanism allows a bit of scope for adjustment.

First try this - with foot on the brake pedal and in Park hold the key in the crank position and try to move the gear knob slightly forward / backward, will it start if trying to move the gearknob?

Does the instrument panel show P when you put it in Park?
Panel doesn't show P, need to move stick to N (and left a bit) to crank
 
Back
Top