- Messages
- 1,106
- Reaction score
- 3,682
- Points
- 333
- Location
- Somerset
- First Name
- Kevin
- Elgrand
- E51
- Region
- South West
When I was about 10 so over 60 years ago now I used to fish in my local park lake and it was full of small crucians plus a few tench and a couple of bigger common carp and we used to catch the crucians on small pieces of bread, great fun and to a 10 year with a Woolworths fishing rod they were enormous.Driven Earl to the fishing pond, lovely drive.
22 Crusian carp and a tench
Site won't let me upload photos today![]()
After a lifetime of fishing I still have very fond memories of catching these and they remain one of my favourite species.
Really sad that I seen recently that fishing has now been banned on the lake and it has been drained and refilled at a cost of £400,000 and all the fish destroyed.
The lake can still be used for sailing model boats


