• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well done

But buying a new drive hub is cheating a bit, real mechanics would separate the old drive hub from the inner shell of the bearing and attach the drive hub to the new bearing :p
All done by hand , within an hour lol
 
Today, I finally got it off.

View attachment 114859
View attachment 114860
View attachment 114864
View attachment 114861
View attachment 114862
View attachment 114863

Just the drop link and cv boot a to replace now. Pending whether to go with a split boot or try the cone stretch option. 🤔
Split boots are a temporary fix in my opinion.

OK if you are stuck away from home for a week - so use one until you get home and then do it properly…

You are most of the way there anyway.
 
Well done

But buying a new drive hub is cheating a bit, real mechanics would separate the old drive hub from the inner shell of the bearing and attach the drive hub to the new bearing :p
Nobody’s got time for that :cool:
I would have loved this option when I had a MkII Golf GTI back in the 80’s.
They used to go through front wheel bearing so it became pretty easy with the custom made rings to press them in.
 
Last week I left my Ellie in the very capable of El Maestro Adrian, better known as @Winchester He did a number of jobs, underseal, suspension bush and fitted a Nismo bodykit. Pics on the latter after it’s been machine polished.

In the meantime check this out! Thanks again Adrian and I hope that amazing Scooby sells soon.

IMG_1002.jpegIMG_1006.jpegIMG_1003.jpeg
 
Today I solved the failure to connect Bluetooth to my phone, done everything I could, followed guides been onto Google, the company, gave up, bought an FM transmitter with Bluetooth, tuned in, connected to phone and voilà, can now play music and radio from the phone.1000017554.jpg
 
Today I solved the failure to connect Bluetooth to my phone, done everything I could, followed guides been onto Google, the company, gave up, bought an FM transmitter with Bluetooth, tuned in, connected to phone and voilà, can now play music and radio from the phone.View attachment 114874
A lot of us wasted a lot of time on Bluetooth! The Japanese Bluetooth isn’t quite the same specs as ours, causes drop,outs.
 
A lot of us wasted a lot of time on Bluetooth! The Japanese Bluetooth isn’t quite the same specs as ours, causes drop,outs.
I've tried 3 other phones that work fine, it's only my new phone that won't have it, I was going to use an old phone and use WiFi from new phone but it's much easier just having the FM transmitter plugged in 😂
 
After an interesting week following my wheel hub studs snapping on a rear wheel, I finally have the van back, with a new wheel hub. The garage have also done my front and back suspension with new shocks and uprated springs from JDMcarpartsuk. Driving it back today I no longer felt nervous taking a corner too quickly. A great improvement.
 
A lot of us wasted a lot of time on Bluetooth! The Japanese Bluetooth isn’t quite the same specs as ours, causes drop,outs.
If you mean with android phone, this is (probably) solvable. Mine kept dropping out but I fixed it and put the solution in another thread.
 
Im a newbie, so please be kind :-) I have a 2004 E51, 2.5ltr

I want to have daytime running lights, thinking of having halogen ones. Is this a good option? Id be interested what other folk have done ir anything.

Thanks, Paul
 
Back
Top