• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Remember when......

I remember my Mam sending me to the shops with a ten bob note.
I'd have to go to the Newsagent's to pay for the papers, then on to the bakery to get an uncut loaf of freshly baked bread, next stop was the chippy for a bag of chips with scraps, final stop was the local Woolworths to get some sweets and a bar of Cadbury's choccy for my Mam.
You can't do this now - ruddy security cameras.

Rumbelows... got my first telly on HP when 18. Bright Yellow Sharp 14" "portable"

Mum sending me to the Coop with a note and a purse and memorising the Coop number. Then sending me to the chemist for a packet of Dr White's WTF are they!!
Mum sending me to the Coop with a note and a purse and memorising the Coop number. Then sending me to the chemist for a packet of Dr White's WTF are they!!
I remember when they were called "jam rags" 😮

Butchers had dead animals hanging outside and inside.
The butcher would have saw dust all over the floor and when the meat wagon delivered the half Pigs and half cows he would throw them over his shoulder wearing a White bloodstained Forman’s overcoat.
To entice you to buy he would have a Pigs head at either end of the countertop.
When my mum was buying meat he would give me a chickens foot with its tendons hanging out the top, when you pulled them the foot would make a claw, I would play with it until it started to stink, not really right for a 5 year old.

The butcher would have saw dust all over the floor and when the meat wagon delivered the half Pigs and half cows he would throw them over his shoulder wearing a White bloodstained Forman’s overcoat.
To entice you to buy he would have a Pigs head at either end of the countertop.
When my mum was buying meat he would give me a chickens foot with its tendons hanging out the top, when you pulled them the foot would make a claw, I would play with it until it started to stink, not really right for a 5 year old.

The good old days! lol

OK, I'll throw in some more - Supercar (Gerry Anderson before Thunderbirds, Fireball XL5 and Stingray - but I'm not old enough to remember Four Feather Falls or Torchy the Battery Boy)
Tales Of The Riverbank with Hammy hamster, etc.
Christopher Trace on Blue Peter (and I seem to think it had a theme tune called "Wheels" prior to the more famous signature tune?)
Whirlybirds - we didn't have a telly then so I had to go next door to watch it

Blue Stratos has been mentioned elsewhere - it's actually available again. I've still got half a bottle of Faberge West. If you find any Hai Karate, etc, in charity shops in unopened original packaging it sells very well on ebay...

Back