• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Remember when......

Remember when... we were probably the last of the true "petrol-heads". I'm sixty next year and probably won't live to see the total eradication of vehicles powered by liquified fossils. Hallelujah.

Net Zero is a con. Scrappage grants are a con. By driving a small number of low MPG "pleasure domes" we are actually contributing to the green agenda by NOT driving round in costly to build new BEV cars.
Moving the pollution generated by ICE to the electricity producers is a con. Moves the pollution out of dense urban conurbations to somewhere else in the country.
Remember when..............

All the while there is poverty in the world any attempts by the wealthy to reduce carbon emissions is fruitless. Countries such as China, India and those in South America will continue to use fossil fuels to claw their way up to a better life.

We rely on oil to manufacture just about everything we consume, there is no viable alternative to fossil fuels. Renewable energies can produce power but not goods.

Ah, that's because of climate change :rolleyes:
I've noticed this year we've gone from climate change, to climate crisis and now we're at climate emergency 😬

I can't for the life of me think why the rhetoric is ramping up like this...
(Sarcasm)

Every one of those kids looks terrified, except for the one in the most dangerous position, he actually looks asleep.

…..and I’m not sure he is sipping on a beer.
Used to do this all the time in the early 80s with our BMXs. Antony Ashton (the local idiot who would do anything you told him) jumped his Raleigh burner over a 6ft wall we made a ramp up to.
Nothing on the other side than tarmac. He snapped his handlebars and destroyed his bike. I remember the blood and how everyone legged it, leaving him there!

I've noticed this year we've gone from climate change, to climate crisis and now we're at climate emergency 😬

(Sarcasm)
In a few months once they have ramped it up to climate apocalypse, they will have to invent a new word as I don’t know what could be worse than that.

(Sarcasm)
And they've been all in on the action abroad, given our own summer as been 'normal', as in pretty average/rubbish.
That's climate change too though :)

Back