• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

let me have his contact details and I’ll tell him that Scottish shortbread is delicious.
Funnily enough he made some shortbread at college only last week and it was the best I've ever had so that won't work. I will, however, try to get him to share my love of single malts :grinning:

Cheers,
John

Reactions: Bal
Had my fun bus almost 3 years & it still brings a smile to my face… drive most days 4 miles to work & 4 home… last week I covered ~1200 miles over 5 days visiting Glasgow, York, Midlands & Portsmouth… travelled in comfort & it didn’t miss a beat 😁

Not to be morbid, but I think most of us might be dead before all the petrol stations close. There is not enough charging points for EVs, and many people can't charge at home, especially if they live in a high rise building, it would have to be a long cable. 🤣 So I think we won't see the combustion engine die out any time soon.
My local council just changed our 2018 Suzuki’s for
KIA Soul EV’s. We have 3 new vehicles and only 2 charge points, which are also public ones. Guess how many days it took for us to run out of charge and have to go back in a Suzuki petrol car?

Two. It took two days. In addition to the above issue, nobody had checked the little tags that authorise charging, and they don’t work, so none of the vehicles could even charge.

What a shambles.

An tootle round Masham, Middleham and Leyburn today, Brimor ice cream stop included. Still getting used to the sweet spot on the gas pedal for nice controlled acceleration but overall a very pleasant trip out... and thankfully roads all dry but some bloody big puddles in the fields

550 km round trip to xmas dinner (approx 350miles) car drove perfect threw all conditions, might have been better off in a boat in some places but never missed a beat and all on one lpg tank , will see how much further till it runs out

550 km round trip to xmas dinner (approx 350miles) car drove perfect threw all conditions, might have been better off in a boat in some places but never missed a beat and all on one lpg tank , will see how much further till it runs out
Are you running with both your LPG tanks?

i had both tanks in car but one inside car was switched off so still full , be interested when the underslung tank runs out
I bet you could set off from your home in the NE, go back to the Xmas meal site, drive back home to the NE again without needing to refuel with LPG Malc.

I've left my extra tank fitted for a while now. I don't see the point of removing it if I don't need the extra luggage capacity, instead might as well leave it in and have over 1000km range on LPG (petrol tank is still there but no need to run from it or could refuel every 1500km). WIth my extra tank fitted I could set off from home in Yorkshire, drive to Newquay in Cornwall, drive home again without filling up with LPG and never using anu petrol.

Nice to see everyone at the Xmas meal today :)

I drove to Kendal and back today. Mixed roads and motorway.
The Elgrand was flawless. I've not driven it for over 2 weeks and yesterday gave it a proper clean.
Sounded fantastic, drove so nicely and turned heads still.
Love my van!

Drove to Exeter and back from Brixham to sort out grand kids Chrissy Prezzie at Smyths. He was in one of the rear 'armchairs' and loved it. Beutiful quiet trip. Washed her today, she's gleaming, despite her age!

Wjat size is your tank

Drove to Central London from Petersfield, yesterday.
Sat in traffic for an hour on the A3/M25 fiasco that it's become.
Got pissed off with the amount of f'ing awful drivers that seem to be on the road these days.
Realised that Petersfield's petrol prices are higher than those in town.
Paid the ULEZ charge.
Paid 5 quid to park for 20 minutes
Ferried 4 adults and 3 kids to a pub in Dulwich for an overpriced, underwhelming pretentious meal.

After spending 20 years of driving HGV's, vans, bikes and cars all over the country for work, it killed driving for me. I thoroughly hate it. The knackered roads, shit driving standards and etiquette, the costs....police and speed cameras everywhere..... ROADWORKS!!!..... it's fairly unenjoyable on a day-to-day basis.

In amongst the negatives, the 22 year old bus took it all in her stride. She was good on fuel (I've noticed quite a difference since removing the secondary Cats), didn't mind the traffic, handled the battered roads and extra weight effortlessly and turned many heads through the streets of London

Since buying the bus (My 3 year old calls it the Russ-Bus on account that our surname is Russell which has made it even more endearing), I find excuses to go out in it. I don't mind working on it. I actually enjoy cleaning it and.... I'm honestly quite proud of it. Sure, she guzzles fuel like an Italian grandmother sinks bottles of wine, weighs the same as a 2 bed semi, speaks a language that nobody understands and has a few years under her expanded belt....but she's different.

She and her imported siblings all over the country are owned by people who think (and look) outside the very boring box of conventional vehicles. And much like myself, they all love theirs equally as much (Hence the OC Forum). Amongst the flaws of an Elgrand (and yes, there are quite a few), the pleasure outweighs the pain of owning and running one.

Enjoyable
Lively
Grand
Roomy
Adaptable
Nice
Different

Got pissed off with the amount of f'ing awful drivers that seem to be on the road these days.
Paid the ULEZ charge.
Ferried 4 adults and 3 kids to a pub in Dulwich for an overpriced, underwhelming pretentious meal.

After spending 20 years of driving HGV's, vans, bikes and cars all over the country for work, it killed driving for me. I thoroughly hate it. The knackered roads, shit driving standards and etiquette, the costs....police and speed cameras everywhere..... ROADWORKS!!!..... it's fairly unenjoyable on a day-to-day basis.

In amongst the negatives, the 22 year old bus took it all in her stride. She was good on fuel (I've noticed quite a difference since removing the secondary Cats), didn't mind the traffic, handled the battered roads and extra weight effortlessly and turned many heads through the streets of London

Since buying the bus (My 3 year old calls it the Russ-Bus on account that our surname is Russell which has made it even more endearing), I find excuses to go out in it. I don't mind working on it. I actually enjoy cleaning it and.... I'm honestly quite proud of it. Sure, she guzzles fuel like an Italian grandmother sinks bottles of wine, weighs the same as a 2 bed semi, speaks a language that nobody understands and has a few years under her expanded belt....but she's different.

She and her imported siblings all over the country are owned by people who think (and look) outside the very boring box of conventional vehicles. And much like myself, they all love theirs equally as much (Hence the OC Forum). Amongst the flaws of an Elgrand (and yes, there are quite a few), the pleasure outweighs the pain of owning and running one.

Enjoyable
Lively
Grand
Roomy
Adaptable
Nice
Different
enjoyed reading that mate.

Paid the ULEZ charge.

Enjoyable
Lively
Grand
Roomy
Adaptable
Nice
Different
Your post makes great reading.

I lived the first 26 years of my life in West London, and used to enjoy driving around London, but agree with your comments for all the reasons it is now unenjoyable. However, I don't mind the M25, yes it can be a car park at times, so I try to avoid the peak times. Of course you can't do anything about being caught up in a jam caused by an accident, that in most cases is down the awful driving standards you mention. I can remember trying to get from one side of London to the other before the M25, it was hell at times, and there wasn't as much traffic on the road then, so I don't know what it would be like today if it didn't exist.

It was much better when we didn't have everything open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. At least in those days there were quiet times on the road, but not any more!

I agree with all you say about the Elgrand and their owners, I love being part of this group, everyone is so friendly, eager to help, and very knowledgeable. Long may it continue.

One more to add to you list is they are Very Comfortable, you can go on a long journey, or be stuck in those traffic jams, and you never get out feeling achy.

Happy Elgranding. :)

I've had my 2004 Elgrand for 5 years and 40K miles and so far all has been good.
Discs and pads replaced as needed.
Only majorish thing so far has been the front suspension bushes at the last MOT so I changed the whole arm on both sides as that replaced 3 bushes on each side and was pretty reasonable price-wise.
A fantastic family VIP van.

Back