• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just won these eyebrows on Buyee.

Only ones I have seen for sale specifically for a Series 1 and look to be in good condition and may even be unused as the double sided tape on the backs looks as though it has never been used and good enough to go straight on and even in KH3 which is the paint code of my Elgrand.

Separate eyebrows for both the upper and lower parts of the S1 lights

Probably paid a bit more than was sensible but worried that I might never see them up for sale again.


Eyebrows.jpg


This is just one side, top and bottom parts of light.


Eyebrows1.jpg
 
Just won these eyebrows on Buyee.

Only ones I have seen for sale specifically for a Series 1 and look to be in good condition and may even be unused as the double sided tape on the backs looks as though it has never been used and good enough to go straight on and even in KH3 which is the paint code of my Elgrand.

Separate eyebrows for both the upper and lower parts of the S1 lights

Probably paid a bit more than was sensible but worried that I might never see them up for sale again.


View attachment 114709


This is just one side, top and bottom parts of light.


View attachment 114710
Oooh lovely 😍
 
Just won these eyebrows on Buyee.

Only ones I have seen for sale specifically for a Series 1 and look to be in good condition and may even be unused as the double sided tape on the backs looks as though it has never been used and good enough to go straight on and even in KH3 which is the paint code of my Elgrand.

Separate eyebrows for both the upper and lower parts of the S1 lights

Probably paid a bit more than was sensible but worried that I might never see them up for sale again.


View attachment 114709


This is just one side, top and bottom parts of light.


View attachment 114710
It’s a funny feeling you get when this sort of stuff comes up ( I know it well lol) and yes, you had to buy them
 
It’s a funny feeling you get when this sort of stuff comes up ( I know it well lol) and yes, you had to buy them
I have been keeping a watch for them for some time as I knew they were available for the S1 as I seen them on a couple of S1's on the Lovely E51's thread but although a few have come up forS2/3 that I thought I might be able to adapt and some for just across the top of the light and not down the side this is the ones that I wanted as I particully wanted eyebrows on both top and bottom lights and to get them in good nick and the right colour meant that I just had to buy them:D

Little bit more bling for my engine bay to come on Saturday when I will be making a bit of a detour to Devizes after JDM Coombe😉
 
I have been keeping a watch for them for some time as I knew they were available for the S1 as I seen them on a couple of S1's on the Lovely E51's thread but although a few have come up forS2/3 that I thought I might be able to adapt and some for just across the top of the light and not down the side this is the ones that I wanted as I particully wanted eyebrows on both top and bottom lights and to get them in good nick and the right colour meant that I just had to buy them

Little bit more bling for my engine bay to come on Saturday when I will be making a bit of a detour to Devizes after JDM Coombe
Would that be a strut brace? Thinking I had one on my watch list from Chris, but not the funds.
 
Would that be a strut brace? Thinking I had one on my watch list from Chris, but not the funds.
I already have a strut brace :D athough a carbing and not as nice as the Cusco that Chris is selling so you are safe unless he offers me a trade in on mine that I can't refuse😉

Little clue, it is carbon and matches the carbon bonnet that I already have that came from Chris and will be getting the same treatment that I have planned for the bonnet:heart_eyes:
 
already have a strut brace :D athough a carbing and not as nice as the Cusco that Chris is selling so you are safe unless he offers me a trade in on mine that I can't refuse😉

Little clue, it is carbon and matches the carbon bonnet that I already have that came from Chris and will be getting the same treatment that I have planned for the bonnet:heart_eyes:
Mmmm , didn’t think Chris would keep that cover , doesn’t match the Bahn brechan stuff
 
Due to the useless garages around me who can't deal with a slightly lowered vehicle (apart from they can cause it's already been on their ramps... don't ask), I once again attempted to remove my front wheel bearing assembly.

As advised I removed the strut bolts which give me plenty room to get on all 4 bolts at the back. They came out easily.. but the bearing assembly just would not come out. I really expected it to come out fairly easy as I've drenched it penetrating oil on multiple occasions.

I tried G-clamps and whacking it a lot, but have now ordered a hub puller..

20250528_154026.jpg

However.. what really pi$$ed me off was that (despite being really careful) I've obviously damaged the abs sensor, as now have lights and warnings and no 4x4. I know I should have removed it. It didn't want to come out, so the irony is that to avoid damaging it, I left it in, I thought just be careful.. only to damage it anyway. I think I'd pulled too much on the cable by accident, or just thought now, can penetrating oil damage it?

I also managed to pop the ball joint out of the drop link somehow and it wouldn't go back in. So now I need a new drop link.

So, after 5 hours, all I've managed to do is make things worse! I thought I had at least repaired my CV boot with the rubber sealant glue, but seems to still be leaking.
 
Mmmm , didn’t think Chris would keep that cover , doesn’t match the Bahn brechan stuff
Chris promised me 1st refusal on it back last October when he bought the black weave Bahn Brechan :D

Works out ideal to pick it up from when I leave JDM Coombe as it is only about 15 miles to Chris and I can detour back home through some quite nice countryside with a couple of nice roads with some decent straights and a few twisties, much more fun than the motorway and I have promised my wife a pub meal on the way which has kept her sweet on my spending plus have just had arrive today uprated Bilsten rear shocks for her BMW which I seen on offer as the last couple of mots it has avisories for misting so some time will need replacing so she is happy:cool:

Being the exact same silver weave as the bonnet is perfect for me as I intend to have both sprayed in candy yellow tinted clearcoat along with the 3 piece spoiler on the bonnet with a silver undercoat to go with the yellow highlights on my front grill.


Front Grill.jpg
 
Nothing done to the Elgrand but did spot on my security camera two different people trying to workout what the Elgrand was! lol
What camera do you have set up if you don't mind me asking, that's first on my list when I collect next weekend.
 
Checked my suspension today and found that the steering rack has play in it so I need to get a reconditioned one the cheapest place I could find is
from auto Japanese spares for £210 does anyone know how long it takes to remove the steering rack as I haven’t done mine before it would be helpful but I think it is quite easy to do looking at it any help would be appreciated.
 
Back
Top