• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Freaky! Pulled into the reception at a campsite in Chertsey right behind a silver Elgrand. What are the chances? Haven't said hello yet, but if you read this I was in the French registered motorhome behind you, so expect to be accosted.
Campsite in Chertsey....did you pay in scrap metal or Daaags?

Odd parking is the owners fault, but I've got to say.....its a nice new Van.

View attachment 100411

Would i pay £85,000 for it?

No, because i havent got £85,000. 🤫
I've always fancied a dable at "van life", but soon realised the scene involves a ridiculously overpriced VW...hence we've taken the more savvy route of the Elgrand.

When all said and done, your just being sold the dream.

Picture

2 glamorous adults, 2 perfect toothed kids, trusty french bulldog, bbq cooking away, swingball on the go, surfboard on the roof etc.

What they don't show is all the arguing because without an awning you've fuck all room. They don't show you the piles of dirty laundry shoved in the fridge. The toaster in the sink and all the empties rolling around the footwell.

If I had 85 k I'd be going down the motorhome route, even then there's an element of "roughing it".

Holy shit! I bet that made a racket when it let go. The brake rotor is completely missing, it's only got the bell left behind.

Parking brake caliper, which seems like just adding more weight... but I'm just a DIY spanner monkey, not an automotive engineer
Hypothesis time: The parking brake was left on, or a fault caused this side to stay partially on, and the car was driven without the driver noticing. The disc rotor got so hot it deformed and fouled on the main caliper, promptly exploded or sheared off its floating mounts *then* exploded, and the sudden locking up of the wheel hub whilst the vehicle was in motion ripped the wheel rim and barrel off the spokes.

The Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
suffers from faulty brake pad securing pins, the pins become loose then the pad dislodges and causes mayhem.
Now on a recall on that model.

Not my write up ….

I had the brake pad split pins come loose. Was told that there was a revised design that caused the pins to come off. They told me that some dealers were installing the old ones instead of replacing them. Having said that the pins were replaced and haven't had the issue since. But once in a while I walk around and check.

IMG_4715.jpeg
IMG_4714.jpeg

suffers from faulty brake pad securing pins, the pins become loose then the pad dislodges and causes mayhem.

Not my write up ….

I had the brake pad split pins come loose. Was told that there was a revised design that caused the pins to come off. They told me that some dealers were installing the old ones instead of replacing them. Having said that the pins were replaced and haven't had the issue since. But once in a while I walk around and check.

View attachment 100465
View attachment 100466
That is absolutely terrible!

Not my write up ….

View attachment 100465
View attachment 100466

That is absolutely terrible!
Scary for a motor that is usually driven hard

Back