• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I started on Monday to under seal with Lanoguard stripping all the plastic work off and just finished underselling it today now putting it back together.
But I did have one problem my space saver wheel has completely rotted away so I need a new spare wheel if anyone has one going spare let me know.

IMG_1297.JPG
IMG_1298.JPG

I started on Monday to under seal with Lanoguard stripping all the plastic work off and just finished underselling it today now putting it back together.
But I did have one problem my space saver wheel has completely rotted away so I need a new spare wheel if anyone has one going spare let me know.

View attachment 103905
Wow that's looking nice under there, I've been looking at the lanoguard stuff wondered if it was any goodhave you used it before.

Wow that's looking nice under there, I've been looking at the lanoguard stuff wondered if it was any goodhave you used it before.
This is the 1st time I have used it I have done a lot of research and a lot of people on here also use it it good you have to top it up every year this is the 1st time my vehicle has been done it's been here over 5 years with no problems.
The main reason why I decided to use this is you can see exactly what's going on I would not buy a car with black under seal.

This is the 1st time I have used it I have done a lot of research and a lot of people on here also use it it good you have to top it up every year this is the 1st time my vehicle has been done it's been here over 5 years with no problems.
The main reason why I decided to use this is you can see exactly what's going on I would not buy a car with black under seal.
Hi Andy did you power wash the underside before hand

Same as you Andy, started to do the undersealing. Plan to use lanoguard again, used it before and it's easy. Underside not bad at all, bit of surface rust now treated with neutrarust 661 and plan to paint over with hammerite black so I know where I've been, lastly I'll lanoguard all over. Going to go down all sills with the lanoguard grease too.20240619_133218.jpg20240619_150216.jpg20240619_150224.jpg

£200 for fitting tyres 😵‍💫😵‍💫😳😳 my local place charged £50 for fitting 4 new tyres balanced and new valves.
£50 is a bargain. I tend to use Hunter's road force balancer nowadays as by doing that it got rid of some vibrations I had in my Subarus. Mind you, it's not cheap at £20-25 to balance a wheel.

Well, excuse the non-Elgrand related, but got the 4 Bridgestone Potenza S001s fitted on my MX-5 ND by the only guy I'll let withing 100 miles of my wheels. Guy's a monster. Washed and scrutinised and not a whiff of a mark on them (and they're as-new). Car feels much more taut, steering better, ride lovely and measured, like a car equivalent of Federer playing tennis. Astonishing how much different the (same) new tyres feel compared to 6 year old 3mm (ish) ones which they replaced.

Well, excuse the non-Elgrand related, but got the 4 Bridgestone Potenza S001s fitted on my MX-5 ND by the only guy I'll let withing 100 miles of my wheels. Guy's a monster. Washed and scrutinised and not a whiff of a mark on them (and they're as-new). Car feels much more taut, steering better, ride lovely and measured, like a car equivalent of Federer playing tennis. Astonishing how much different the (same) new tyres feel compared to 6 year old 3mm (ish) ones which they replaced.
never driven an MX-5 - presume its nice?

Back