• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

View attachment 102652
First time off tarmac. Will it move in two days time 🤔 was a bit squirrely just getting parked 😬
Quick question...do campsites allow separate tents/gazebo/awnings?

I always got the impression no...unless there's a charge for it.

Black, it will then go with the lower one with the spot lights. But do all the grill black don't leave it white round the edges, not a good look to me. Maybe even black through the middle bar that goes through the headlights too.

View attachment 102683
White frame with white headlight trims looks way better than all black

Every campsite I have ever been to, has always allowed a separate tent, awning, etc... dog tents and loo tents too. The thing would be if included in the nightly rate, or as an added extra. Either way, allowed.

Most I've been to give you a pitch area and you can put up what you want as long as it fits in that area. I prefer the smaller sites with between maybe 5 and 10 pitches, which is where this happens. I'm sure there are some that don't, but I would never have looked at those anyway!

I would say yes. No different than turning up in a normal car with a tent to camp in

Always annoys me that I book Ellie in as a camper (although it’s unconverted) but if it is going to rain and I want to put my back packers gazebo up to cook under most sites want to charge extra, probably coz they think a gazebo is a big thing with loads of people under.
Makes me think I could book in as a tent which will be my gazebo but I actually sleep in the “car” which on most sites you park beside the tent.
Cheapskate Elgranders could always buy a small cheap pop up tent, book in as a tent and then use the tent for storage, sleeping in their unconverted Ellie.

Took the dog for a sleep over in 'Brithdir' (Welsh valleys) last night. Okay, hardly the best location, an industrial estate, but nice walks nearby and no one really walks past there.
Dusk pic

1716632560216.png

Always annoys me that I book Ellie in as a camper (although it’s unconverted) but if it is going to rain and I want to put my back packers gazebo up to cook under most sites want to charge extra, probably coz they think a gazebo is a big thing with loads of people under.
Makes me think I could book in as a tent which will be my gazebo but I actually sleep in the “car” which on most sites you park beside the tent.
Cheapskate Elgranders could always buy a small cheap pop up tent, book in as a tent and then use the tent for storage, sleeping in their unconverted Ellie.
That's been my argument...a drivevaway awning is deemed OK but I believe a separate tent was extra. Whether that's because the sleeping arrangements aren't attached to each other I don't know.

I was Adam Ant I wasn't getting a driveaway after the hire fiasco we had and was going for a separate big tent which you could park at the side of.

The Elgrand is no bigger than a 4x4 type vehicle or someone who transports everything down in a transit, so it's not like it's taking up any extra room...I'm sure you could slip off to sleep in it at night without anyone seeing or giving a toss for that matter.

You could always say you'd had a barney with the kids and took sanctuary in the bus.

Haha I was thinking the opposite like what my Dad used to do with his Mini 1275 and put a Mini 850 badge on instead. "It's a wolf in sheeps clothing" my Dad used to say.
Difficult putting a 997cc badge on my Ellie as it sounds like a V8 with the quad exhausts. 🤣
This is what I've got on mine.
IMG_12381.JPG

Just my 10p worth, but more and more of the 'obvious', big petrol engined vehicles, have been targeted (tyres slashed, nails, scratches, paint thrown over, all sorts) around the country by the WOKE 'save the planet' lot, so maybe have a good think about displaying the fact that it's a big gas guzzler!!!?

Black, it will then go with the lower one with the spot lights. But do all the grill black don't leave it white round the edges, not a good look to me. Maybe even black through the middle bar that goes through the headlights too.

View attachment 102683
I did try that variation, but looked a bit too black heavy

Haha I was thinking the opposite like what my Dad used to do with his Mini 1275 and put a Mini 850 badge on instead. "It's a wolf in sheeps clothing" my Dad used to say.
Difficult putting a 997cc badge on my Ellie as it sounds like a V8 with the quad exhausts. 🤣
I belong to a Mercedes AMG club which will only accept owners with genine AMG''s and check vin numbers before allowing to join and there are a number on there that have taken model numbers and AMG badging off completly

Some of these cars have been modified and have anything up to 1000 bhp.

Always makes me laugh when I see a bog standard base level Mercedes with a AMG badge.

So after @WhatsThisFor and @LeStempy 's "constructive" criticism, the Grille is off and won't go back on until it's painted. Time to bust out the rattle cans.1000006166.jpg Meanwhile, whilst I wait for my eldest daughter to finish climbing practice, I took the opportunity to take some photos in this magnificent weather. Not nearly up to @dognero 's standards, but a reflection is better than nowt I suppose ....Anyways, I'm very pleased to have her back on the road after the rad issue. Beats the "Gash"qai hands down (until I get to the petrol station).

Back