• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just in the middle of changing my front pads, done the offside, next to do the nearside.

But I've heard a bit of a grumble from the nearside front which could be a duff wheel bearing, offside bearing seems OK. The wheel bearings were changed by the previous owner just before I bought it, I've done maybe 45000 miles in it since I bought it. At least if I do have to change the wb it should come apart relatively easily with it being not too long ago that it was last done.

Just in the middle of changing my front pads
I found play in the nearside track rod end, which accounts for left/right play. But also a bit of up/down play which could be wheel bearing related (and I'd guess it is as that will account for the occassional grumble). I have some 4wd front wheel bearings and drop links but I don't think I've got any track rod ends in stock :-( Deciding on whether or not to crack on and change the wheel bearing today but I need the use of the car in a few hours to visit my daughter on her birthday.

Went out for a spin up towards Cockermouth and was joined by another white E51! A little convoy for a while. Tried to get them to pull over for a chat, but no. Oh well.

I then saw this in my rear view mirror...

View attachment 102768

I thought at first he was driving with a red screen across the windscreen, but it must have been a red tint. Completely red! I couldn't see the driver at all!
Ye seen quite a few, it's a front window tint, unsure if you had an accident at night, how the insurance company would handle it ( a guess would be na chance)

Tinted.jpg

After taking out the middle seat long ago and buying 7 seater mats instead of 8 , I finally got round to fitting them.
Just waiting for them to flatten a little ( ignore the dash mat , it’s only there for the sun to flatten that too before either throwing or fitting)

IMG_5506.jpeg
IMG_5504.jpeg

After taking out the middle seat long ago and buying 7 seater mats instead of 8 , I finally got round to fitting them.
Just waiting for them to flatten a little ( ignore the dash mat , it’s only there for the sun to flatten that too before either throwing or fitting)

View attachment 102780
View attachment 102781

Great looking mats buddy, I like them a LOT! :p

At last! I had time to wash Konosuba, it's been 8 weeks since the last occasion 😬

I read somewhere on here some time ago that white wasn't shiny 🙄😂

I dunno about that, although to be fair, the silver part is shinier 🤫

1000037496.jpg

ok i posted this over someone else's thread by mistake but its still not Elgrand related cut the new indicator lights and stop/tail lights into the buggy today hope to get a video of the paint flipping from red to gold as the sun goes in and out of the clouds tomorrow when we put it back together

Back