• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

The 2nd panda topper arrived.
This is the basic sleeping arrangement
A panda topper on the bottom, above that the 'quilt' cover you see is a sandwich containing the other panda topper, plus a 13.5 tog quilt I got for a bit more padding. Underneath it all are pillows in the seat crevasses.
I sleep on this lot, with a 'normal' bed quilt which I get off the bed, over me. The dog sleeps ontop of that.
The 'potti' goes between the end of the bed, and the front passenger seat as forward as it'll go.
View attachment 102605
Adding to this, I wanted to give the MX-5 a spin so I popped to a Home 'Bargins' and got another twin pack of cheap pillows. A few of the 'pillows' I had in the seat dips were actually cushions, so it's a bit better again now. And I stuck those cushions in some other places to pad up further. Must have 6 pillows and 6 cushions under it lol

Just changed oil and filter.
The old oil was just turning darkish but still brown with just a hint of combustion smell to it, so considering it’s two years old and had slick 50 gold in it I’m reasonably happy

They look banging Kevin. Great choice, I’m tempted to get my 19”s refurbed and back on for summer.

Thank you Stuart,👍

if these are the ones in your aviator get them back on as they look great :D

Regarding my wheels although I really liked my previous 19 inch wheels and thought they suited my black Elgrand really well I quite fancied going a bit bigger and have always liked the look of split rims and I think give a more retro JDM look.

i would expect doors to catch when car is parked on none flat roads , are your your doors spaced out ,if not might be worth doing

No spacers as yet.

Just dug out a 3mm thick 200x100 piece of aluminium that I had left from filling in the inner section of my rear number plate surround to I could fit a shorty plate and will use this doubled up to make some 6mm thick spacers as a test and see how I get on :grinning:

Last edited:
A warm day but not baking sun so gave it a wash again and included the roof this time. Enjoying a Demon 12% whilst admiring my work. Next job, cook the fish, chips and mushy peas.

IMG_20240524_164118894_HDR.jpg

A warm day but not baking sun so gave it a wash again and included the roof this time. Enjoying a Demon 12% whilst admiring my work. Next job, cook the fish, chips and mushy peas.

View attachment 102654

Looking great buddy!
Making me hungry love fish and chips!

Not a lot today other than checked my sunroof drain bucket catcher as its raining yet again!
I did find myself staring at the rain running off the waxed bodywork for a while which was quite therapeutic! lol

Furgo and I took a little diversion today. I happened to glance up....and saw this....!

IMG_20240213_123648_7.jpg

IMG_20240213_123632_7.jpg

Apparently it's in someone's garden and is run as a VERY unique Airbnb.

I did this today. I know some will disapprove, but I think it looks mint and I want other drivers to know not to mess 😎
What say y’all?
keep meaning to get a 3.5L and a V6 badge for mine, so the little tailgating scrotes know whats in front of them. :D

keep meaning to get a 3.5L and a V6 badge for mine, so the little tailgating scrotes know whats in front of them. :D
Haha I was thinking the opposite like what my Dad used to do with his Mini 1275 and put a Mini 850 badge on instead. "It's a wolf in sheeps clothing" my Dad used to say.
Difficult putting a 997cc badge on my Ellie as it sounds like a V8 with the quad exhausts. 🤣

Back