• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I posted on here that on the 25 May I had the quick fit bodgers track my van I went back today as one tyre badly worn on inside ...the said oh its got aftermarket wheels so nothing to do with them ..I told then there the same wheels as they suposeidly tracked and it don't matter what the bloody wheels are as long as they are pointing in the same direction....they were just talk shit and trying to get out of a crap job ..getting refunded the 70 they charged me and will go elsewhere ...Do Not Use Kwikfit

So, mine is a low spec 2004, 3.5l, it's a camper conversion, I just fitted a teltonika 4G router with WiFi, I also fitted their recommended external antenna to the pop top so as it's raised it obviously gains altitude 😎
I use a smarty sim in it, unlimited data, calls and texts for £18 a month and no contract, I am very impressed with both, connected it to permenent live with a switch to leisure battery side so it's on until I switch it off, great for camping, also just fitted an ATOTO head unit, I fitted one in my car over a year ago and was so impressed I got one for the Elgrand, connects to the WiFi, for maps, Spotify, tidal and Netflix... It's proving to be very good indeed 😁

So, mine is a low spec 2004, 3.5l, it's a camper conversion, I just fitted a teltonika 4G router with WiFi, I also fitted their recommended external antenna to the pop top so as it's raised it obviously gains altitude 😎
I use a smarty sim in it, unlimited data, calls and texts for £18 a month and no contract, I am very impressed with both, connected it to permenent live with a switch to leisure battery side so it's on until I switch it off, great for camping, also just fitted an ATOTO head unit, I fitted one in my car over a year ago and was so impressed I got one for the Elgrand, connects to the WiFi, for maps, Spotify, tidal and Netflix... It's proving to be very good indeed

Not a lot on the Elgrand but been looking at Quick Detailer sprays as Ive nearly runout of my 10 litres of Chemical Guys Speed Wipe which I bought back in 2019! I bought 5 litres but it turned up damaged so they sent me another 5 litres free of charge!

I've parked Magnu nose up on my drive so that when it rains later tonight any rainwater that gets by the sunroof seal on the passenger side will make it's way rearward. The drainage pipe on that side now ends up in a bucket in the rear of the car and I'll be able to measure how much came in.

I've parked Magnu nose up on my drive so that when it rains later tonight any rainwater that gets by the sunroof seal on the passenger side will make it's way rearward. The drainage pipe on that side now ends up in a bucket in the rear of the car and I'll be able to measure how much came in.
Where I am today we had end of the world thunderstorms. An hour, hour and half or so of rain which was insane. Scary even. Haven't seen rain like it since I can remember. Even though, touch wood, mine have been fine, I'm still paranoid and I was out with the LED torch shining inside it. Finger's crossed okay 🤞

Where I am today we had end of the world thunderstorms. An hour, hour and half or so of rain which was insane. Scary even. Haven't seen rain like it since I can remember. Even though, touch wood, mine have been fine, I'm still paranoid and I was out with the LED torch shining inside it. Finger's crossed okay 🤞
Sounds like a missed perfect opportunity for some comparative sunroof water ingress to me.

My wife thinks I am mad wanting to take them back to polished alloy on the face and rims which to do would mean having the paint stripped back to the bare alloy before polishing and then re powder coating the barrels.

In a way it is a pity they are so tidy cause if they were rough it would be a no brainer :D

Might be worth leaving for now although I have bought all the kit to do.

Don't think that I will rush into refurbing for now as it is likely that the rears will be on and off to get to fit anyway.👍

Yesterday I gave the new rear discs a few more coats of black gloss including a rim around the inner edge and am now happy with the finish.

I also gave the wheels a proper wash and polish and ceramic coated them and today test fitted to my Elgrand .

I am dead chuffed with the wheels as they are just the look that I wanted .

As a big bonus the rears fit perfect with no adjustments needed to either my coilover height or camber, virtually right on the limit of poke and the rubber on the bottom side edge of the rear doors just barely brushes the flange on the tyres as it opens

So 20 x 9.5 with an ET of 35 and 265/40 tyres will fit on the rear of a e Elgrand without negative camber or spacers.

Will be having a little play tomorrow fine tuning the coilover height to get it looking exactly as I want it and fitting these to the centre caps.

Elgrand 20.'s.1jpg.jpg

Elgrand 20.'s.jpg

Work Centre Caps.jpg

Yesterday I gave the new rear discs a few more coats of black gloss including a rim around the inner edge and am now happy with the finish.

I also gave the wheels a proper wash and polish and ceramic coated them and today test fitted to my Elgrand .

As a big bonus the rears fit perfect with no adjustments needed to either my coilover height or camber, virtually right on the limit of poke and the rubber on the bottom side edge of the rear doors just barely brushes the flange on the tyres as it opens

So 20 x 9.5 with an ET of 35 and 265/40 tyres will fit on the rear of a e Elgrand without negative camber or spacers.

Will be having a little play tomorrow fine tuning the coilover height to get it looking exactly as I want it and fitting these to the centre caps.

View attachment 102510

View attachment 102508

View attachment 102512

Spot on Kevin they look delicious! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Spot on Kevin they look delicious! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Thank you Richard. I was amazed when I shut the rear door and it just glided past the tyre as I was fully expecting to have to play about with the camber, reduce the tyre width to 255 or fit spacers so a big bonus that I was able to use the tyre's that were on the wheels when I bought them which are in really good nick and good for quite a few more miles. :D

Forgot to say I also fitted the grooved and dimpled rear discs that look a lot better than my rusty old discs and I think really help to set off the wheels :party:

Thank you Richard. I was amazed when I shut the rear door and it just glided past the tyre as I was fully expecting to have to play about with the camber, reduce the tyre width to 255 or fit spacers so a big bonus that I was able to use the tyre's that were on the wheels when I bought them which are in really good nick and good for quite a few more miles. :D

Forgot to say I also fitted the grooved and dimpled rear discs that look a lot better than my rusty old discs and I think really help to set off the wheels :party:

I was shocked that they fitted perfectly as my 9" rims which I think are ET36 on the rear are very close so `I was surprised to hear yours fitted perfectly! Your Elgrand is looking extremely tasty buddy, next I think you should limo black the rear windows like below! :p

Elgrand 202.jpg

Last edited:
I was shocked that they fitted perfectly as my 9" rims which I think are ET36 on the rear are very close so `I was surprised to hear yours fitted perfectly! Your Elgrand is looking extremely tasty buddy next I think you should limo black the rear windows! :p
On the list 👍 but next is a few lighting upgrades an re-fititing my wind defletors with new gold bolts,, also need to get the rear camper part of the van finished as I have left pretty much half finished for a good 2 years now.

View attachment 102510

View attachment 102508

View attachment 102512
Don't drive past a local job center with any queues outside, with those wheel caps.

View attachment 102510

View attachment 102508

View attachment 102512

Sorted out the rear ride height today and ended up leaving it at virtually the same height as it was when I first fitted the wheels as I do not want to go too low.

Will do the fronts over the next day or so.

A couple more pictures which show just how tight a fit they are:D

Elgrand Rear Wheel.jpg

Elgrand Rear Wheel.1jpg.jpgElgrand Rear Wheel.2jpg.jpg

I have also taken a couple of videos which shows the doors opening and shutting on the remote but cannot upload them as it says file to large for server to process. 😢

Back