• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

It must be love

I was looking through some 'old' holiday pics on my SD card and opened up the Australia holiday me and the mrs went on in '17.
The first pic I took was this......and it has a Hiace ('91 model) dominating.
Totally random as the photo was concerning something else and I had no idea even what a Hiace was lol
Freaky

1716893526387.jpeg

And even freakier, I was using Street View to relocate my steps, when outside this very spot a few years earlier was another one
1716894277297.png
They're following my every move. No wonder I've got some sort of strange affinity with them

Last edited:
It must be love

I was looking through some 'old' holiday pics on my SD card and opened up the Australia holiday me and the mrs went on in '17.
The first pic I took was this......and it has a Hiace ('91 model) dominating.
Totally random as the photo was concerning something else and I had no idea even what a Hiace was lol
Freaky

View attachment 102843

And even freakier, I was using Street View to relocate my steps, when outside this very spot a few years earlier was another one
View attachment 102844
They're following my every move. No wonder I've got some sort of strange affinity with them
I don’t know about the hiace thing ( although I can think of better fantasies )
I just don’t want to meet the builder who left his tape measure on the road

I know FB marketplace is home to cheeky brass necks, but WTF....
Ad said collection only from a given postcode.
"Can you deliver?"
Now, in many cases, I've been quite happy to jump in the car and drove ten mins across town for someone meeting the asking price.
I asked about roughly where...

"padiham"

That's 40 miles away.
Jog on.

Strange place Padiham, I worked there for 3 years or so for a company called Baxi.

Everyone was related, most people looked the same, they all new each others business and even had Padiham Weeks were they would all holiday together…hundreds of them.

They hated outsiders…..like me, luckily I would drive the 100 mile round trip four days a week, an hour or so each way because there was no way could I have lodged there.

That was 6 month contract that turned into a 3 year grind.

When i (worked) attended JLR Halewood the car parks were always ram packed to the point were employees would have to park on the perimeter road and risk a DONT PARK HERE sticker on their screen that was worse than bird poop as you couldn't get it off.

Yet i noticed there was often four spaces free in the same area of the car park each day.

After weeks of walking through the car park i saw why, the football stadium style floodlights for the car park were directly above these spaces.

So the SeaGulls in their hundreds would gather on the floodlights for a warm up, chat and a sh17....the cars below (usually contractors or visitors) would be covered, a bit like the picture below.

View attachment 102631

The weird bit was this, if there were no cars parked in the Poop bays there wasn't any sh17 covering the floor ....it's like they know, no cars, no sh17.

20240529_230600.jpg

Last edited:
I bought one of these super duper hose pipes that extend under pressure and shrinks when the water is off and pressure released, which was great because it would put its self away….
IMG_5058.jpeg
I haven’t had it long 8 months ish and it started to spring leaks, lots of them.

The inner tube has perished, leaving the tube with lots of holes.

IMG_5055.jpeg
Bad
IMG_5057.jpeg
Good

It’s not like you can chop the bad bit out and rejoin it like you would a standard hosepipe because it’s perished almost everywhere.

NOT HAPPY the worst £6.99 I’ve ever spent and that includes LottyMore’s services on Walking Street - Pattaya.( she had a dodgy hose pipe too.)

I bought one of these super duper hose pipes that extend under pressure and shrinks when the water is off and pressure released, which was great because it would put its self away….
View attachment 102987
I haven’t had it long 8 months ish and it started to spring leaks, lots of them.

The inner tube has perished, leaving the tube with lots of holes.

View attachment 102985
Bad
View attachment 102986
Good

It’s not like you can chop the bad bit out and rejoin it like you would a standard hosepipe because it’s perished almost everywhere.

NOT HAPPY the worst £6.99 I’ve ever spent and that includes LottyMore’s services on Walking Street - Pattaya.( she had a dodgy hose pipe too.)

Yeah my neighbour bought one of those hoses in 2020, for the lockdown gardening experience. Hers lasted about 6 weeks! She paid a lot more than that!

I have had several, from bargain basement to highly expensive shop bought. All failed very quickly, now gone back to normal hose on a winder which has lasted several years.

Back