• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well , not me but Simon @Lpgc .
Replaced plugs and did the old swirl flaps ( don’t ask why I didn’t do it).
Must admit I now think I must have had horses escaping over the years and hadn’t realised it.
The drive home was excellent and as she was when I first got her, infact better as I can now feel the benefit of the ecu etc ( I thought they were adding something but not much)
She is quieter, smoother and has a quicker pick up, I can only say I’ve let her down by not contacting Simon sooner
Cheers mate @Lpgc
Good to meet you and your missus yesterday mate.
 
Did the school run in mine yesterday before being visited by @Highway Dave.

Told Dave that on the trip to school a teenage lad crashed into the back of my Elgrand on his pushbike. I had been stood still in a traffic jam just after a pedestrian crossing when it happened, heard a bang at the back, looked through my rear view mirror and saw the back wheel of the bike up in the air. Got out of my car, the lad was OK, I asked him "You alright? What happened there then?" He said "I dunno sorry yes I'm OK and there's no damage to your car". I said "Well there are a few dents on the back but they were caused by a motorbike flicking stones up at it not you, glad you're OK". I reckon he had been looking at a couple of girls walking on the causeway when he crashed and/or showing off to them by trying to bunny hop onto the causeway. The girls were passing and grinning as they passed, the lad asked me "Do you want my phone number in case there's any damage?". I said "No that's alright thanks", I think he was still trying to save face in front of the girls lol.
 
Had a quick look at the foglights to see if they could be saved.

Before
KW6jYzJm.jpg


A quick clean inside with Isopropyl using some cotton wool on the end of a pencil then a lens polish.
Good as new

elxhN7rm.jpg
 
I can categorically state that I have never nearly run into the back of anyone while ogling girls in skimpy clothing, shorts, tiny skirts etc etc.
Dangerous weather conditions at the moment- lots of distractions.
 
Haven't done anything to my Elgrand today, currently waiting to diagnose some transmission problem or other... Going through some old photos, though, and realised I never got round to giving a shout out to TojomotorsUK (@stevemen) and Martin Pollard accident repair in Gloucestershire for the sterling work they did in getting my Elgrand back on the road a year or so back. Steve was great for liaising with the garage and ensuring he sent just what was needed. Thanks very much! It came back looking better than it went in. Probs a bit of a frankenstein's monster in terms of trim, but I prefer the new grille to the old.

IMG_20240203_075459242.jpg
 
Back
Top