• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Driven mine black Elgrand to Skegness and back (round trip of around 200 miles), given the boat the weekend off.
I think the Skeggy run is spoiled now, at least on a and b roads anyway, it used to be fun
Every open road is governed to 50mph which is where my bus like to start pulling lol
 
I think the Skeggy run is spoiled now, at least on a and b roads anyway, it used to be fun
Every open road is governed to 50mph which is where my bus like to start pulling lol

Know what you mean, I used to enjoy driving those roads fast in my 20s in stuff like my Cosworth lol, did the trip just for that reason. But also seen plenty bikers in ditches and roads closed due to accidents so can understand the reasoning for the limits and quite enjoyed the steady drive in the Elgrand today looking at scenery instead of looking for the next overtaking opportunity hehe. There's still some satisfaction to be had from taking some of the tight bends at legal limit speeds.
 
Know what you mean, I used to enjoy driving those roads fast in my 20s in stuff like my Cosworth lol, did the trip just for that reason. But also seen plenty bikers in ditches and roads closed due to accidents so can understand the reasoning for the limits and quite enjoyed the steady drive in the Elgrand today looking at scenery instead of looking for the next overtaking opportunity hehe. There's still some satisfaction to be had from taking some of the tight bends at legal limit speeds.
Yeah , I still enjoy the run , it’s just not what it was.
As for the bikers , well , don’t get me wrong I always move over etc but it gets tedious when there’s 10 of them and the mr slow turns up 30 seconds later weaving all over the place.
It’s not just the limits , it’s the “ strategically “ placed cameras that do my head in
 
Nice. You know there is also a button near the rear view mirror to switch off footlights. Just saying as it can get overlooked (black button on black part of rear view assembly) but that’s on an S3 E51.
Well I do now :( (That's a couple of hours I'll never get back). I have pressed that a few times and couldn't work out what it did :) But at least I can now switch it off without opening the front door and reaching in, saving 10 seconds each time, so at 10 times a year use it will pay for itself in about 72 years :rolleyes:
 
Switched on the the rear AC yesterday for the first time. I guess everyone here knows what the only switch on the AC panel not labled in English does. Also found out what the remote control does too! Does anyone know where a set of English keys can be found or are stickers available?
 
With 5mm spacers do me careful because you may not have enough threads left on the studs and the wheel may not sit on the hub spigot so all the load will be on the studs and that is not safe.


Thank for the info, buddy, had spacers before.
Some wheels have bigger centers and you can get a ring to help fitting, the rings can be made of plastic or aluminium, that is more of a problem than a 5 mm spacer, which the center of the wheel still sits on the lip.
The spacer is so I can have the same amount of steering turn without the tire hitting the inside.
I could put in longer stud's but the after market one's are crap and tend to break which is more of a concern.
But to be clear I had 25 mm spacers on and the nuts that hold them on the disc have less threads
Also i got other nuts just incase, but never needed


Once more, I understand your concern and thank you for your input.
 
Last edited:
Yip cheap tires but just making sure no rubbing.
5 mm spacer


With 5mm spacers do me careful because you may not have enough threads left on the studs and the wheel may not sit on the hub spigot so all the load will be on the studs and that is not safe.
Would depend on on the wheels really, some are deeper and thicker in the hub area
A general rule of thumb is that if you can turn the wheel nuts a minimum of seven times they are deemed to be safe
I prefer more turns myself but then I’m on pretty heavy wheels so used longer studs
 
Handy to remember, I'll check it out tomorrow, but I'm sure I'm over that.
There's also the point, some over tighten the nuts as the nuts are softer.
Once more thank you for your concerns
 
Back
Top