- Messages
- 5,920
- Reaction score
- 17,796
- Points
- 473
- Location
- Mid Yorkshire
- First Name
- Simon
- Elgrand
- E51
- Region
- Yorkshire
Driven mine black Elgrand to Skegness and back (round trip of around 200 miles), given the boat the weekend off.
I think the Skeggy run is spoiled now, at least on a and b roads anyway, it used to be funDriven mine black Elgrand to Skegness and back (round trip of around 200 miles), given the boat the weekend off.
I think the Skeggy run is spoiled now, at least on a and b roads anyway, it used to be fun
Every open road is governed to 50mph which is where my bus like to start pulling lol
Yeah , I still enjoy the run , it’s just not what it was.Know what you mean, I used to enjoy driving those roads fast in my 20s in stuff like my Cosworth lol, did the trip just for that reason. But also seen plenty bikers in ditches and roads closed due to accidents so can understand the reasoning for the limits and quite enjoyed the steady drive in the Elgrand today looking at scenery instead of looking for the next overtaking opportunity hehe. There's still some satisfaction to be had from taking some of the tight bends at legal limit speeds.
Well I do nowNice. You know there is also a button near the rear view mirror to switch off footlights. Just saying as it can get overlooked (black button on black part of rear view assembly) but that’s on an S3 E51.
With 5mm spacers do me careful because you may not have enough threads left on the studs and the wheel may not sit on the hub spigot so all the load will be on the studs and that is not safe.
Yip cheap tires but just making sure no rubbing.
5 mm spacer
![]()
![]()
Would depend on on the wheels really, some are deeper and thicker in the hub areaWith 5mm spacers do me careful because you may not have enough threads left on the studs and the wheel may not sit on the hub spigot so all the load will be on the studs and that is not safe.
Not very often he’s wrong , but he’s right again lolIt's actually ok to use either spelling.
He'll be deflated after all the responsesMaybe you are just a bit tyred. See how you feel in the mourning.
Wow, nice! I didn't know I needed this until now.Well I got round to fit in my or pressure gauge and temperature gauge