• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Dropped Furgo down to my mechanics for MOT and oil/filter change. I supplied the oil and filter.

Dashed home as some lads from Lancashire were due to fit a lovely air conditioning unit in my bedroom. Halfway through the install I got the news that Furgo had passed his MOT - woo hoo!

Advisory for front discs, so I'll get those and pads done before my big trip down South in September.

Also booked a hotel for Furgos trip to see Adrian in Winchester to have his bottom glooped! ☺️
Which filter do you use?

Hadn't you had an oil change about 2 months ago?

(P>S that quote you've got in your signature, about the more I see of men the more I like dogs etc, I've got that very quote on what appears to be a man-hating dog calender I got on my living room wall. Literally every month's quote is a man despising one! If each quote in it had man swapped or women, the virtue signallers would be all over it lol)

Last edited:
Got the rear windows limo tinted, Magnu is looking mean, moody and cool.
Drove mother in law to a hospital appointment and home again.
Filled up with LPG and Esso premium, different stations.
Packed Magnu ready for the Mod Nats this weekend. @Madfish & @dognero marquee bag is in.
Wrapped and loaded something hopefully nice for @Highway Dave
And a little while ago it started raining, hopefully Magnu won't get dirty.

Something I've been up to in the past month:
  • Interior cleaning: washing the seats and carpets with a textile washer
  • Installing a 2-DIN player
  • De-chroming the front end (with rubbercomp)
  • 2-step polishing and protecting the paintwork
  • Installing new top mount bearings and gaskets in the front, etc.
Wheel alignment/tracking is scheduled for later today.

UlYVTLll.jpg
jy4sNFxl.jpg

NEKDOm5l.jpg
j6wAwFCl.jpg

Been there, done that.

IMG_1168.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg

The top mount bearings live in a hostile environment - sprayed with high pressure road grunge.
They should make a fully sealed bearing….

Good work. 👍

What is the arb combo? I bought mine with the red Nismo springs but unsure of what else it is paired with
The full S Tune setup is Nismo Shocks (silver) Nismo stronger and lowered springs (red) and Nismo ARB’s which are thicker and stiffer (silver).

Which filter do you use?

Hadn't you had an oil change about 2 months ago?

(P>S that quote you've got in your signature, about the more I see of men the more I like dogs etc, I've got that very quote on what appears to be a man-hating dog calender I got on my living room wall. Literally every month's quote is a man despising one! If each quote in it had man swapped or women, the virtue signallers would be all over it lol)
I ordered the Shell Helix Ultra Oil in mid May, (as it was reduced) ready for the service and MOT, which was yesterday. I got a BOSCH oil filter. My garage fitted a new sump plug and crush washer.

Screenshot_20240628-121217_WhatsApp.jpg

When I turned up to collect Furgo this morning, no one was there. I let myself in and answered the phone for a bit! 😂

With regards to the quote, it is just a funny I saw around 25 or so years ago, that I liked. I was reminded of it by an idiot on this Forum, so decided to add it, to make me laugh when the idiots are around. I will be changing it soon, so if it triggers you, I'm sorry. NOT! 🤭

Edit: if you're wondering what that is about, don't, it really isn't worth it! 😉

Last edited:
I ordered the Shell Helix Ultra Oil in mid May, (as it was reduced) ready for the service and MOT, which was yesterday. I got a BOSCH oil filter. My garage fitted a new sump plug and crush washer.

View attachment 104446

When I turned up to collect Furgo this morning, no one was there. I let myself in and answered the phone for a bit! 😂

With regards to the quote, it is just a funny I saw around 25 or so years ago, that I liked. I was reminded of it by an idiot on this Forum, so decided to add it, to make me laugh when the idiots are around. I will be changing it soon, so if it triggers you, I'm sorry. NOT! 🤭

Edit: if you're wondering what that is about, don't, it really isn't worth it! 😉
I hope I wasn't the idiot :heart_eyes:

Replaced the rather worn and aging auxilliary drive belts today - judging by the state of the old ones (22 yrs old, 68,400 miles) I'm wondering if I'd narrowly avoided a belt brake (but then again, maybe not)? What is the change interval anyway?

The job took me an hour - why hadn't I done this before (getting lazy in my old age me thinks)?

Some pics and other 'belt length' info in a separate post HERE for those who may be interested?

Replaced the rather worn and aging auxilliary drive belts today - judging by the state of the old ones (22 yrs old, 68,400 miles) I'm wondering if I'd narrowly avoided a belt brake (but then again, maybe not)? What is the change interval anyway?

The job took me an hour - why hadn't I done this before (getting lazy in my old age me thinks)?

Some pics and other 'belt length' info in a separate post HERE for those who may be interested?
dam !!! that reminds me to do mine, bought the belts ages ago :rolleyes:

Back