• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Bought another pillow pair for the Elgrand's seat dips when their folded down.
My 'bed' is nice now and definitely completed. Finally, 12 big fluffy new pillows on the folded seats, then 2 panda mattress toppers and a 13.5 quit, in a big sandwich inside a quilt cover.
I woke up the other morning and the dog was full blown roaching, asleep on it.

Well, not Elgrand (yet), but I had delivered a 500ml Lanoguard spray, to see what's it's like. I got it to add a bit to my MX5 sills (car's only got 16K miles and don't see hardly any salt) as a boredom precaution. Got on the floor with a hand mirror and sprayed. I was surprised the stuff seemed brown oily, like waxoil. I thought it'd be black. I first put it on a rag and wiped, but I couldn't see it. So instead I added the spray head and sprayed along as it dripped down a bit. I didn't bother rubbing it in or anything, as it looked nice and plastered. Thankfully I didn't get it anywhere I didn't want to.

Dropped Furgo down to my mechanics for MOT and oil/filter change. I supplied the oil and filter.

Dashed home as some lads from Lancashire were due to fit a lovely air conditioning unit in my bedroom. Halfway through the install I got the news that Furgo had passed his MOT - woo hoo!

Advisory for front discs, so I'll get those and pads done before my big trip down South in September.

Also booked a hotel for Furgos trip to see Adrian in Winchester to have his bottom glooped! ☺️

I wish my headlights would come up crystal clear. I can get the yellow off, but the plastic has crazing in it. :(

Is there not some sort of gel coat that could be applied, like the stuff that fills cracks in windscreens??? 🤔

Is there not some sort of gel coat that could be applied, like the stuff that fills cracks in windscreens??? 🤔
I don't think so, there is quite a lot of crazing, but it doesn't affect the MOT. I asked my MOT guy last year, and he said it didn't distort the beam so they passed, they just don't look the best.

I believe they can be clear coated to keep them clear so don't know if this would also clear the hazing by filling it?
Do you mean the clear coat UV protector you put on after cleaning the yellow? If you do I haven't found that works.

I don't think so, there is quite a lot of crazing, but it doesn't affect the MOT. I ask my MOT guy last year, and he said it didn't distort the beam so they passed, they just don't look the best.

If you rub silicone spray, or WD40 on the crazed areas, do they look any better? My CRV lights did, so I coated them with a product with quite good results before selling it.

Last edited:
If you rub silicone spray, or WD40 on the crazed areas, do they look any better? My CRV lights did, so I gel coated them with quite good results before selling it.
I haven't tried that, I will have to investigate.

No, I'm not sure if it's different but I have seen clear lacquer as used on paintwork sprayed on car lights to keep them from oxidising. No real world experience though.
Would the clear lacquer used on paintwork not affect the plastic lens?

Like I said not done it myself but was considering it on an old car before buying new lenses (was a Honda accord) saw it somewhere on the Internet was professional booth etc so I presumed it wouldn't but you would need to do your own research as it wasn't on an Elgrand etc.

Back