• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

The tail of a Rider S Autech's steering rack isolation bushes that started 😒 and ended up 🙂

I've replaced every part of the suspension and steering outside of the rack itself but still had a creaking noise I tracked down to the rack bushes.

It has 3 bushes, two small with metal inserts and one big one that's like a large wrap around anti roll bar bush. The large one had failed and it was putting pressure on the two small ones that were creaking as the rack flexed.

I contacted the companies we all use and they either said they'd never been asked for them, or they'd take 21 days and cost £28 each for the 2 smalls and £32 for the big one.

Over £90 with delivery, nah fuck that, the hunt began.

I found the exploded diagram for the Nissan codes then hunted them out on other models. Amongst others, they use the same parts on a couple of models of Almeras and Skyline, obvs.

There I found the correct Nissan stock numbers and my search began.

The cheapest I found them were at Partsouq in the Arab Emirates.

The 2 smalls were $9 each, the large one $8 and with shipping came to $34 a grand total of £26.50 so I took a punt.

I ordered them last Saturday and they arrived yesterday. Absolutely genuine parts in correct wrapping, labels, obvious OEM quality that fitted perfectly.

I don't see the point in ordering small parts like this from the UK anymore. If you know the exact part codes you can get genuine OEM parts at low budget UK prices that are shipped and tracked down to the minute.
Wouldn't happen to have those numbers to hand would you? Also, did you take any pictures?

I only ask as I have a creaking noise and some knocking coming from the front end so I think I'll replace all the parts over the next few months.

Thanks

Cheers. I did a google and saw it. Thing is I don't buy from anyone other than Amazon/eBay as I don't give bank details out if i can help it.
If you give me your address, I can post one out to you. I have a few spare

As the weather is good again today in Essex, I finally managed to get out and clean the Elgrand. It's not up to @dognero standard by I am happy with it, and the G30 paint is reacting great in the sun again.

When I went to buy mine, the dealer told me that the paint flips black/green/purple/gold, I have owned it for nineteen months and in all that time I have never seen any gold. That is until today!

Gold.jpgIMG_3888.jpgIMG_3889.jpgIMG_3891.jpg

And also a non Elgrand related job.
Delivery van reversed into my brothers car.
Bumper and headlight.
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-14 at 19.39.39_50e52f23.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-14 at 19.39.39_f35fc1b4.jpg
20 min later after the DA.
Just needs a bit paint on the bottom lip.
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-14 at 19.39.40_ebe89ed1.jpg

Mulling over with the Mrs about getting a Campal. She's in, no need to convince her. The Elgrand's 'flat' seats are okay with pillows and a matress topper, but going forward I reckon a flat bed is needed, plus this and that to store stuff.

Narrow it down to
a) The Vacation

b) The Simply Campal, but adding the options of an extra draw and extra draw with the 12L bottle/tap.

Difference is £500

Wondered if you can fit the smaller (Tetford 345) porta potti in there somewhere.

They seem to have A* customer service in fairness.

So I didn’t do a lot today because of the weather but I did manage to clean the instrument cluster facia and tv screen. It’s not perfect as I didn’t spend long on it but a lot better. I only used a baby wipe and dried with a micro fibre cloth. Sometimes it’s the little things that make you :)

Attachments

• 03B0F677-A0D4-487F-A9DE-B241F22BB98A.jpeg
    03B0F677-A0D4-487F-A9DE-B241F22BB98A.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 12
  • E879703D-7C58-4F7D-BD63-EDC0E3A1E4A2.jpeg
    E879703D-7C58-4F7D-BD63-EDC0E3A1E4A2.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 4F2777BF-9C56-48B9-A08F-8270261C4178.jpeg
    4F2777BF-9C56-48B9-A08F-8270261C4178.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 12
I tried to fit a dashboard top cubby hole with a spare from face-lift 2001 E50.

It seems they are different to the original e50 😂

It's 15mm bigger than the aperture in my car, despite having the same part number.

I'll just swap the lid instead lol

View attachment 100675
A productive weekend on the old girl. On top of the other jobs mentioned before, today I did a bit of fettling on my coilovers. Happy with how she's sitting now. A few pics as the sun started dipping off.
Looks mad, bad and dangerous to know 👌

Back