• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Respray Engine Grill

if your still going for chrome try ACRYLIC SIMONIZ CHROME... remember to get a good finish it's all in preparation & most of all patience...

taught body shop repair skills at collage to teenage kids ... was a nightmare ... 😩

if your still going for chrome try ACRYLIC SIMONIZ CHROME... remember to get a good finish it's all in preparation & most of all patience...

taught body shop repair skills at collage to teenage kids ... was a nightmare ... 😩
I used to teach basic mechanics to teenagers—— I learned a lot ;)

It's the rubbing down of all the individual laths I'm not looking forward to & avoiding runs

BTW, we need another 'P', these things normally come in 3's
Preparation, Patience & P............

It's the rubbing down of all the individual laths I'm not looking forward to & avoiding runs

BTW, we need another 'P', these things normally come in 3's
Preparation, Patience & P............
Prosecco...😄
How are you getting on?

Prosecco...😄
How are you getting onI'll be waiting till the warmer weather arrives.

Prosecco...😄
How are you getting on?
I'll be waiting for the warmer weather but thanks for asking.

There's one or two other issues I'll be dealing with in the meantime.
▪The first being, very slight wheel wobble & at low speed developing into vibration & a droning sound at 60mph?

I'll be waiting for the warmer weather but thanks for asking.

There's one or two other issues I'll be dealing with in the meantime.
▪The first being, very slight wheel wobble & at low speed developing into vibration & a droning sound at 60mph?
CV Joint? Wheel bearing?
Have you had it check out?

CV Joint? Wheel bearing?
Have you had it check out?
You could be right, I'll be looking into it this week.
The back story is:
▪A couple of weeks ago I had two Bridgstones fitted to the front due to excessive tyre wear on the inside edge. The tyre shop couldn't do the tracking as they didn't have the Elgrand settings on their system.
▪At this time there weren't any symptoms
▪Two days later I had the MOT & tracking done at RGS, Ilkeston (who I'd recommend BTW)
▪The problems appeared the next day on a trip to Dorset.
▪I'm wondering if it could be disk warp though I've never had this problem before
▪I'm going to get the wheels of the ground tomorrow to investigate & then speak to RGS
▪The front end bushes & drop links are 12 months old
As I'm learning about Elgrands I'm finding that they seem to have problems with uneven tyre wear etc

A warped disc you should feel a "wobble" though the brake pedal.
if your lucky it could be something simple as a loss wheel balance weight...😄
Check for fractured/broken coilspring...
& Good luck with your investigation...!

I originally used Plastidip (7 coats) on mine as I knew I was going to upgrade to an aftermarket grille at some point and wanted the Plastidip to last.

It took me 2 years to find the grille I wanted but well worth the wait :)

View attachment 65092

View attachment 65093
I've used the Platidip on alloys that have been bolloxed, when you prep them right it comes out spot on and looks great. I have also used for de-chrome projects too, again it's all in good prep work. All the P's innit: Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance 👍

A warped disc you should feel a "wobble" though the brake pedal.
if your lucky it could be something simple as a loss wheel balance weight...😄
Check for fractured/broken coilspring...
& Good luck with your investigation...!
I'm getting different feedback which comes & goes from the wheel, peddles & driver's seat all the way from 10 - 55MPH culminating with a deep droning from then on. I's all quite subtle as passengers are largely unaware but it's more apparent on smooth roads of course.

I'll let you know what transpires & thanks for the support.

I've used the Platidip on alloys that have been bolloxed, when you prep them right it comes out spot on and looks great. I have also used for de-chrome projects too, again it's all in good prep work. All the P's innit: Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance 👍
I like the saying. "The more I practice, the luckier I get"

I'm getting different feedback which comes & goes from the wheel, peddles & driver's seat all the way from 10 - 55MPH culminating with a deep droning from then on. I's all quite subtle as passengers are largely unaware but it's more apparent on smooth roads of course.

I'll let you know what transpires & thanks for the support.
O.k. So here's the thing, I said I'd report back re wheel wobble & vibration issue.

Thanks again for your suggestions but the problem was down to both rear tyres having a distorted profile.
I was aware the inside edges were wearing badly but when I removed them I found that both tyres were down to the wire & were bulging around the whole circumference (along the inside edge) - hence bump, bump, bump as you go.

On other vehicles I've experienced bulges on the tyre wall, even a highspeed blowout but nothing like this. On me Ellie all four tyres have done exactly the same thing, all within a few dozen miles of each other.
That is excessive tyre wear on the inside edges, causing tyres to bulge & distort

I'm suspecting it's a front end issue & the previous owner rotated the tyres to even out the wear; either way it's an odd one. It ain't the tracking as I've just had it checked following a recent MOT.

I'll have to sort it as I'll be looking at two new boots this time next year.

do you know for sure that the tracking was done for the e51 and not the e52 as some places do i had new tires and tracking don last year with Bridgestone cross climates put on they were the same as yours a few months ago so when i got new ones the tire guy said there was no more adjustment left on the vehicle so i came home and found they had done it for the e52 they re done it and they had loads to play with

do you know for sure that the tracking was done for the e51 and not the e52 as some places do i had new tires and tracking don last year with Bridgestone cross climates put on they were the same as yours a few months ago so when i got new ones the tire guy said there was no more adjustment left on the vehicle so i came home and found they had done it for the e52 they re done it and they had loads to play with
Bob, you make an interesting point.

RGS of Ilkeston did the work & they were recommended by Brian of BMR (I think they have the Hunter system). It's worth just asking them; I might even mention your experience though I can guess their reply.

How did you discover the issue with your setting?

my tyres from last year were worn to the wire so had them replaced the guy came and told me there was no adjustment left in the system was not till i got home i found the print out had e52 on it so took it back and showed them they have to dig quite deep for e51 it comes up as homey or caravan

I originally used Plastidip (7 coats) on mine as I knew I was going to upgrade to an aftermarket grille at some point and wanted the Plastidip to last.

It took me 2 years to find the grille I wanted but well worth the wait :)

View attachment 65092

View attachment 65093
Hi I know this iso old. But can I ask did you coat the lower grille also? Looks good did you remove it or spray in place?

Hi I know this iso old. But can I ask did you coat the lower grille also? Looks good did you remove it or spray in place?
Hello, the lower grille was resprayed the same G30 colour as the bumper by a company after my car was hit by a concrete block that fell off a skip lorry, i only remarked yesterday that it is one of my favorite things on the car, as i hate the faded plastic look, lol

Back