• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

The weather is getting warmer, less chance of rain, I fancied a panoramic sunroof, no need for glass if I intend on leaving it permanently open... so decided to get the angle grinder out o_O :rolleyes:

20250424_185952.jpg
 
Last edited:
The weather is getting warmer, less chance of rain, I fancied a panoramic sunroof, no need for glass if I intend on leaving it permanently open... so decided to get the angle grinder out...

View attachment 113908
We are in for a mini heatwave, you’ll want the shade then mate
 
The weather is getting warmer, less chance of rain, I fancied a panoramic sunroof, no need for glass if I intend on leaving it permanently open... so decided to get the angle grinder out o_O :rolleyes:

View attachment 113908

We are in for a mini heatwave, you’ll want the shade then mate

Ohh... bolx :joy:
:laughing: I know most of you realise the real reason for the hole in the Elgrand roof is that I'm removing the pop top from a scrap Elgrand (that I bought mostly for its engine) to fit on my other Elgrand (that I've already put the good engine into).

20250424_190050.jpg
 
Just mentioning Simon that others have had probs due to cables in the roof being disturbed I recall.
Yes, thanks for the reminder Julian. IIrc some people / firms accidentally cut wires running to the interior keyfob sensor?
 
I was excited to fit a new YBX5334 battery!!!! Offered it up to double check size, thought it was a bit wide and as I was putting it down I've dropped it onto the terminals 😭 terminals bust, leaking everywhere. £120 wasted 😭😭😞😭
 
I was excited to fit a new YBX5334 battery!!!! Offered it up to double check size, thought it was a bit wide and as I was putting it down I've dropped it onto the terminals 😭 terminals bust, leaking everywhere. £120 wasted 😭😭😞😭
I bet the supplier has had a lot of people do that but claim the battery arrived damaged inside the box, damaged in transit.
 
I was excited to fit a new YBX5334 battery!!!! Offered it up to double check size, thought it was a bit wide and as I was putting it down I've dropped it onto the terminals 😭 terminals bust, leaking everywhere. £120 wasted 😭😭😞😭
I've always been scared of that swapping big batteries in high up diesel 4x4s. Fingers crossed I've gotten away with it so far.
 
Well it's gone ...I am now without my Elgrand ..it was over the last 6 months a money pit with all coil packs going in their turn ...I'm bloody good at getting to number 5 and 6 now .. anyway yet another serious engine missfire and tapping and clunking and heavy knocking and the inability to pull it's own weight .. engine totally knackered internally..new oil like grinding paste so threw the towel in ..took a loss but a load off my mind and shoulders....I will if it's ok stay on this forum as there's good genuine folk on here with a wealth of knowledge han humour to be fair these are great vans but now getting on a bit so are starting to get delicate
 
basically complete axles from the 370z. Thankfully a straight swap apart from finding the correct bushing.
did you use 370z driveshafts and bearings or stick with the Elgrand , did you use the 70z aluminium hubs and if so did the upper arm fit ok as the Elgrand upper ball joint is too thin to fit the 70z hubs , im trying to do 70z rears myself and only way I can see it working is if I use the 70z hubs but the upper on the Elgrand won’t fit the ball joint hole , which arms and did you need to use and what bushing needed sourcing please
 
Well I actually got round to doing my headlights it took a long time no more crazing so I thought how can I protect it from happening again I found this on AliExpress it is Automotive TPU Headlight Film Intelligent Light Control Protection Film Photochromic Modification Film so it's clear at night but turns black during the day it reacts to UV light I have only temporary put it on because it's the first time I've ever done it, it will need doing again at some time definitely looks good and the film is very strong you can't pull it apart.

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG
 
Well I actually got round to doing my headlights it took a long time no more crazing so I thought how can I protect it from happening again I found this on AliExpress it is Automotive TPU Headlight Film Intelligent Light Control Protection Film Photochromic Modification Film so it's clear at night but turns black during the day it reacts to UV light I have only temporary put it on because it's the first time I've ever done it, it will need doing again at some time definitely looks good and the film is very strong you can't pull it apart.

View attachment 113940

View attachment 113942

View attachment 113943

View attachment 113944

View attachment 113945

View attachment 113946
Looking good, let us know how it pans out ( light reaction wise etc)
I’ve seen the spray on stuff used to very good effect but have not seen the film
 
Well I actually got round to doing my headlights it took a long time no more crazing so I thought how can I protect it from happening again I found this on AliExpress it is Automotive TPU Headlight Film Intelligent Light Control Protection Film Photochromic Modification Film so it's clear at night but turns black during the day it reacts to UV light I have only temporary put it on because it's the first time I've ever done it, it will need doing again at some time definitely looks good and the film is very strong you can't pull it apart.

View attachment 113940

View attachment 113942

View attachment 113943

View attachment 113944

View attachment 113945

View attachment 113946

Looking good, let us know how it pans out ( light reaction wise etc)
I’ve seen the spray on stuff used to very good effect but have not seen the film

Looks really good Andy!
Im debating what to do with my lights as they are really dirty inside and crazed. Was going to steal the lights from the silver Elgrand but if this stuff works well I maybe interested!
 
Well it's gone ...I am now without my Elgrand ..it was over the last 6 months a money pit with all coil packs going in their turn ...I'm bloody good at getting to number 5 and 6 now .. anyway yet another serious engine missfire and tapping and clunking and heavy knocking and the inability to pull it's own weight .. engine totally knackered internally..new oil like grinding paste so threw the towel in ..took a loss but a load off my mind and shoulders....I will if it's ok stay on this forum as there's good genuine folk on here with a wealth of knowledge han humour to be fair these are great vans but now getting on a bit so are starting to get delicate
You must stay on bud, your input always welcome
 
Back
Top