- Messages
- 258
- Reaction score
- 550
- Points
- 133
- Location
- Cheshire
- First Name
- Carl
- Elgrand
- E51
- Region
- North West
Tidy look. Suits it
Tidy look. Suits it
They look really nice
We are in for a mini heatwave, you’ll want the shade then mateThe weather is getting warmer, less chance of rain, I fancied a panoramic sunroof, no need for glass if I intend on leaving it permanently open... so decided to get the angle grinder out...
View attachment 113908
Ohh... bolxWe are in for a mini heatwave, you’ll want the shade then mate
The weather is getting warmer, less chance of rain, I fancied a panoramic sunroof, no need for glass if I intend on leaving it permanently open... so decided to get the angle grinder out![]()
View attachment 113908
We are in for a mini heatwave, you’ll want the shade then mate
Ohh... bolx![]()

Yes, thanks for the reminder Julian. IIrc some people / firms accidentally cut wires running to the interior keyfob sensor?Just mentioning Simon that others have had probs due to cables in the roof being disturbed I recall.
I bet the supplier has had a lot of people do that but claim the battery arrived damaged inside the box, damaged in transit.I was excited to fit a new YBX5334 battery!!!! Offered it up to double check size, thought it was a bit wide and as I was putting it down I've dropped it onto the terminalsterminals bust, leaking everywhere. £120 wasted
![]()
I've always been scared of that swapping big batteries in high up diesel 4x4s. Fingers crossed I've gotten away with it so far.I was excited to fit a new YBX5334 battery!!!! Offered it up to double check size, thought it was a bit wide and as I was putting it down I've dropped it onto the terminalsterminals bust, leaking everywhere. £120 wasted
![]()
Me too and it crossed my mind, but it was 100% my butter fingers, i'll get my 7yo to hold it next timeI bet the supplier has had a lot of people do that but claim the battery arrived damaged inside the box, damaged in transit.
did you use 370z driveshafts and bearings or stick with the Elgrand , did you use the 70z aluminium hubs and if so did the upper arm fit ok as the Elgrand upper ball joint is too thin to fit the 70z hubs , im trying to do 70z rears myself and only way I can see it working is if I use the 70z hubs but the upper on the Elgrand won’t fit the ball joint hole , which arms and did you need to use and what bushing needed sourcing pleasebasically complete axles from the 370z. Thankfully a straight swap apart from finding the correct bushing.






Looking good, let us know how it pans out ( light reaction wise etc)Well I actually got round to doing my headlights it took a long time no more crazing so I thought how can I protect it from happening again I found this on AliExpress it is Automotive TPU Headlight Film Intelligent Light Control Protection Film Photochromic Modification Film so it's clear at night but turns black during the day it reacts to UV light I have only temporary put it on because it's the first time I've ever done it, it will need doing again at some time definitely looks good and the film is very strong you can't pull it apart.
View attachment 113940
View attachment 113942
View attachment 113943
View attachment 113944
View attachment 113945
View attachment 113946
Well I actually got round to doing my headlights it took a long time no more crazing so I thought how can I protect it from happening again I found this on AliExpress it is Automotive TPU Headlight Film Intelligent Light Control Protection Film Photochromic Modification Film so it's clear at night but turns black during the day it reacts to UV light I have only temporary put it on because it's the first time I've ever done it, it will need doing again at some time definitely looks good and the film is very strong you can't pull it apart.
View attachment 113940
View attachment 113942
View attachment 113943
View attachment 113944
View attachment 113945
View attachment 113946
Looking good, let us know how it pans out ( light reaction wise etc)
I’ve seen the spray on stuff used to very good effect but have not seen the film
You must stay on bud, your input always welcomeWell it's gone ...I am now without my Elgrand ..it was over the last 6 months a money pit with all coil packs going in their turn ...I'm bloody good at getting to number 5 and 6 now .. anyway yet another serious engine missfire and tapping and clunking and heavy knocking and the inability to pull it's own weight .. engine totally knackered internally..new oil like grinding paste so threw the towel in ..took a loss but a load off my mind and shoulders....I will if it's ok stay on this forum as there's good genuine folk on here with a wealth of knowledge han humour to be fair these are great vans but now getting on a bit so are starting to get delicate
Thank you that means a lot on this dark dayYou must stay on bud, your input always welcome