• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I just looked and it looks like my online status is not visible. I can't remember if that's the default or if I set it that way, and if I did, why, so I'm not going to change it.
However just so everyone knows, and for the avoidance of doubt, I'm online. Hello.
 
Your biggest, I think a name change is in order from ElgrandOC it should be the "whatsThisForUM"
You’re right it’s been mentioned before….its like the WHATSTHISFOR show.

But whilst they keep paying me PPP(pay per post) I’m in.

Edited to add….i will have to go, WifeBoss is on the prowl.
 
I have a break when converting vehicles to LPG, wake the laptop up, click on the forum and straightaway get a txt message from the missus "Have you got that car converted yet?".

Hide online status, hmm....
 
Here are few reasons why members might not appear online.

Hiding how much time they spend on here, from a husband/wife/partner or boss.

Wanting to read/look around without being contacted via direct message.

Have no interest in interacting with others.

Not wanting to appear rude, when popping on to view a notification and not replying instantly.

A trader or dealer not wanting to be hassled.

An admin not wanting to be hassled.

Or maybe you've been blocked by a member who's online.

Hope this helps fill in some of questions.
Good points.

I wonder if an incognito him or herself will add their own reasoning. Kind of the Goldilock answers etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bal
is questioning your motives a little, must admit I question them from time to time ( no offence just the way you word some things)
I'm with you on that. Not about myself personally lol, but I also question posters from time to time ref motives. So yes, I 100% agree with you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bal
Serviced an E51 today, no oil showing on the dipstick at all, when I drained the oil and measured how much came out it was 1.05 litres. The owner said they could occasionally hear a knocking noise from the top end of the engine.

Took a pic of the oil that came out, this is it including what was in the oil filter...

20250205_145209.jpg

I didn't drive it before changing the oil. After the oil change it seems OK and drives OK, no smoke or nasty noises except the petrol injectors are a little noisy, the tickety noise goes away when running on LPG. It does seem a little down on power compared to average. The owner said it struggled to get up hills, it doesn't but they might be used to diesel torque, or it could have been related to the error codes for cam timing on both cylinder banks. I was at first concerned the cam related errors could have been related to a cat problem but I found that although it hasn't had front cats decored they're flowing equally and still working so they seem to be OK, so I think the cam timing related errors were probably due to the top end being starved of oil when booting it up hills. The owner also said it sometimes smelled of burning and the brakes were also questioned but I found although the pedal feels a bit soft at the top the brakes seem to work OK and don't seem to be binding but they do get unusually hot quickly when in use so there could still be something wrong with them but stripping brakes will need to wait for another day, only came in for oil change and LPG service. Saw no oil leaks on the engine.
 
Serviced an E51 today, no oil showing on the dipstick at all, when I drained the oil and measured how much came out it was 1.05 litres. The owner said they could occasionally hear a knocking noise from the top end of the engine.

Took a pic of the oil that came out, this is it including what was in the oil filter...

View attachment 111993

I didn't drive it before changing the oil. After the oil change it seems OK and drives OK, no smoke or nasty noises except the petrol injectors are a little noisy, the tickety noise goes away when running on LPG. It does seem a little down on power compared to average. The owner said it struggled to get up hills, it doesn't but they might be used to diesel torque, or it could have been related to the error codes for cam timing on both cylinder banks. I was at first concerned the cam related errors could have been related to a cat problem but I found that although it hasn't had front cats decored they're flowing equally and still working so they seem to be OK, so I think the cam timing related errors were probably due to the top end being starved of oil when booting it up hills. The owner also said it sometimes smelled of burning and the brakes were also questioned but I found although the pedal feels a bit soft at the top the brakes seem to work OK and don't seem to be binding but they do get unusually hot quickly when in use so there could still be something wrong with them but stripping brakes will need to wait for another day, only came in for oil change and LPG service. Saw no oil leaks on the engine.
When the owner collected it he said it'd done over 20000 miles since the bonnet was last opened... lol.
 
Good luck with the Electrics Joe, make Lucas look top notch 🤣
Ended up Swedish, with a french engine...
Though given the mechanical fragility of it's Germanic predecessor,.despite a fbmwsh and an easy life, dodgy wiring and blown fuses seem positively relaxing.
 
What the Fuck are the insurance company up to in this country last yr I always with direct insurance then put up from around £300 to over £800 so I found another for £600 with Marmalade and what the fuck it was owned by direct line this year i have just been told they will not renew my insurance so politely piss off and find another cunting company
They make it up as they go along... actuary tables my arse
Ended up Swedish, with a french engine...
Though given the mechanical fragility of it's Germanic predecessor,.despite a fbmwsh and an easy life, dodgy wiring and blown fuses seem positively relaxing.
My neighbour has had all sorts of shenanagins with Beemers, his wife's 1-series decided to detach its rear suspension amongst other woes. So what does the soft tw4t do? Replaces his Astra with a 2-series and the wife's with another 1-series. I give up 🤣
 
Back
Top