• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

There are so few Elgrands about that the participants would know that they were your keys. That could work for or against you, depending on how ugly/handsome you are.

A solution would be to attend a “swing” (is that what they call them?) made up entirely of Elgrand owners. Wish I hadn’t written that now, have scarred myself for life thinking about that.
There's one in Wales every year 🤣🤣
 
Temporary traffic lights... It seems it's always 50/50 whether they'll be working or be on default red at both/all sides. It's about time they were updated to work properly. Firms that use them should be held accountable for traffic problems when they don't work properly, this would ensure they use equipment that is up to the job (upgrading when necessary) and set them up to work properly with correct delay between changing states.
 

Unreal.
And the times I've emailed them with dates/locations/times/reg plates of 'operatives' 'driving' with mobile phones (or other hand held devices like a tablet) in their hand.
 
What the Fuck are the insurance company up to in this country last yr I always with direct insurance then put up from around ÂŁ300 to over ÂŁ800 so I found another for ÂŁ600 with Marmalade and what the fuck it was owned by direct line this year i have just been told they will not renew my insurance so politely piss off and find another cunting company
 
What the Fuck are the insurance company up to in this country last yr I always with direct insurance then put up from around ÂŁ300 to over ÂŁ800 so I found another for ÂŁ600 with Marmalade and what the fuck it was owned by direct line this year i have just been told they will not renew my insurance so politely piss off and find another cunting company
Not so Happy Eddie.
 
Or, what I was repeatedly told- that's business mate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bal
I hate the imprecision or vagueness of MOT certificates.
At least to the non- mechanical minded...

"Suspension arm bush or pin worn but not deteriorated to cause excessive movement"

Is it the bush OR the pin then? One or both part? To my mind, you should be able to replace either independently not as a single part.
A pin holds something in place. A bush absorbs impact/isolates vibration.

Then again, the same tester has just stated the rear indicators are discoloured and worn ....er.....it has clear indicators at the rear, and I can see the orange bulbs working just tickety boo inside ....

At l ineast with another car I'm looking at it explicitly states all the tyres are worn and a rear brake pad is thin. Feels like much more of a known quantity.
 
I hate the imprecision or vagueness of MOT certificates.
At least to the non- mechanical minded...

"Suspension arm bush or pin worn but not deteriorated to cause excessive movement"

Is it the bush OR the pin then? One or both part? To my mind, you should be able to replace either independently not as a single part.
A pin holds something in place. A bush absorbs impact/isolates vibration.

Then again, the same tester has just stated the rear indicators are discoloured and worn ....er.....it has clear indicators at the rear, and I can see the orange bulbs working just tickety boo inside ....

At l ineast with another car I'm looking at it explicitly states all the tyres are worn and a rear brake pad is thin. Feels like much more of a known quantity.
It'll probably say bush or pin because the tester found a bit of play between the two (not excessive that would be a fail) but it would be difficult to know without dismantling which of the two (or both) is at fault... and during the MOT they wouldn't dismantle to find out which.

I do agree though that they're often vague when they could be more detailed. Sometimes they might say something like offside front lower suspension arm bush but not say which of the 2 bushes on that arm.
 
Va Va VOOOOM
Not that manufacturer.
The last time I can recall any sort of memorable advert for this manufacturer, it involved a car being driven down a sugarcane field that was being set on fire/napalm bombed to within an inch of its life.
Looking at AdBlue system removals now....can't believe I swerved a smokers Volvo for this ...🫣
 
Back
Top