• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Parked in an end space, and walking back to the car after walking the dog, a guy and his wife goes to park next to me, even though there's shed loads of spaces elsewhere. I, in the 'target' parking space, gestured all the other spare spaces, so he wound down his window and said I can park where the f**k I like. I said, true, but now we're about to find out how much patience you got. I proceeded to get my dog's mini portable water bowl, and leisurely put it on the floor in the 'target' parking space, and she starts drinking. Frustrated of waiting, with me as cool as a cucumber, he tells me to f off, so I blew him a kiss. Tail between his legs, he goes and finds one of the LOADS of other spaces.
 
Last edited:
A while ago I refuelled with LPG at Morrisons in Barnsley. Cars were queing to get on any pump, the car filling at the pump in front of me finished filling first so after I'd filled I courteously pulled forwards to the pump in front so a car behind could pull onto the pump I'd been using. I still had to go inside to pay and I couldn't pull any further forward than I did or I would be blocking the exit for a few rows of pumps. But this backfired because the car following must've thought I'd already paid, so followed closely behind thinking I'd be exiting the forecourt and the car behind that one pulled forwards too... So now the car behind me couldn't get onto the front pump I was on, the car behind that one wasn't quite forward enough to get onto the pump behind me either and due to the que behind all of us moving forwards there had to be multiple vehicles reversing before they could fill or they'd all still have to wait until I'd paid... Even if they all still had to wait until I'd paid they'd all still be in the same situation they'd be in if I hadn't pulled forwards anyway. I explained to the cars behind me that I'd pulled forwards to allow one of them to get on the pump behind but I couldn't pull any further forward for obvious reasons, then went into the kiosk to pay. In the kiosk someone said to me "You'd have been better off pulling right off the forecourt and coming back to pay wouldn't you". I said "No mate, I'd have been better off not over-estimating people's intelligence and not being courteous but lesson learned, if there's a next time I see you waiting behind me I'll just leave my car parked on the rear pump while I go into the kiosk to pay. Does it not occur to you that waiting for me to pay is what you'd be doing anyway if I hadn't tried to help you by pulling forwards and that if you didn't mess it up by both following me so closely behind one of you would have been able to fill while I was paying?".
 
Last edited:
Parked in an end space, and walking back to the car after walking the dog, a guy and his wife goes to park next to me, even though there's shed loads of spaces elsewhere. I, in the 'target' parking space, gestured all the other spare spaces, so he wound down his window and said I can park where the f**k I like. I said, true, but now we're about to find out how much patience you got. I proceeded to get my dog's mini portable water bowl, and leisurely put it on the floor in the 'target' parking space, and she starts drinking. Frustrated of waiting, with me as cool as a cucumber, he tells me to f off, so I blew him a kiss. Tail between his legs, he goes and finds one of the LOADS of other spaces.
I might have done the same in the Exact same situation.
 
I might have done the same in the Exact same situation.
Yes, no way I'm having some muppet park near me, opening doors etc when there are shed loads of other spaces. Granted 'he can', but then granted my dog can have a drink of water and there's no time limit for me to walk X yards.
He was old enough to know better too. Early 60s.
 
Yes, no way I'm having some muppet park near me, opening doors etc when there are shed loads of other spaces. Granted 'he can', but then granted my dog can have a drink of water and there's no time limit for me to walk X yards.
He was old enough to know better too. Early 60s.
I don't understand the mentality of some people, I just thought my car was an idiot magnet.
 
I was in Mallorca once driving round the island came upon a massive beach on the north side of the island which was absolutely empty, (many years ago!), got a couple of towels out etc and laid on the beach. Ten minutes later another couple came onto the beach and set their towels out about five yards away, the the beach must have been 200 yards long!
 
I was in Mallorca once driving round the island came upon a massive beach on the north side of the island which was absolutely empty, (many years ago!), got a couple of towels out etc and laid on the beach. Ten minutes later another couple came onto the beach and set their towels out about five yards away, the the beach must have been 200 yards long!
Definitely swingers.
 
Didn't know about those sort of things at the time, now I'm trying to remember if she was attractive or not!
That’s irrelevant, says so in the small print.

No kissing on the lips ?

But every other sexual activity is fine, how odd is that.
 
Shows how you don't know what's around the corner.
I was on a good number with Newport Mazda. Service advisor a nice guy and knew I'm a nutter, proper all over it when I'm there. Me even bringing in official Mazda service sheets for torque values etc when stuff like gearbox oil is done etc. Their fine with me asking for a specific technician to work on it, who I talk to when he's done and before.
I found out the service manager is now gone, now does some office thing, totally nothing to do with cars. Disappointed, but I though at least I still got the tech who's great, plus another two of the techs (there are three in total) know what I'm like, so there's even more of a fall back.
Found out y'day that not only the service manager, but even ALL THREE of the techs are no longer there! 😥
 
Last edited:
Shows how you don't know what's around the corner.
I was on a good number with Newport Mazda. Service advisor a nice guy and knew I'm a nutter, proper all over it when I'm there. Me even bringing in official Mazda service sheets for torque values etc when stuff like gearbox oil is done etc. Their fine with me asking for a specific technician to work on it, who I talk to when he's done and before.
I was in Cardiff Mazda the other week and they said the service manager was gone from there (Newport), now does some office thing, totally nothing to do with cars. Disappointed, but I though at least I still got the tech who's great, plus another two of the techs (there are three in total) know what I'm like.
Found out y'day that not only the service manager, but even ALL THREE of the techs are no longer there! 😥
Are you sure they’re not hiding lol
Joking aside, it’s not the same when it’s a newbie working on your motor
 
Are you sure they’re not hiding lol
Joking aside, it’s not the same when it’s a newbie working on your motor
There's a few other staff who aren't there either now, replaced.
Jokes aside, makes you wonder mind if something's going on there
 
Shows how you don't know what's around the corner.
I was on a good number with Newport Mazda. Service advisor a nice guy and knew I'm a nutter, proper all over it when I'm there. Me even bringing in official Mazda service sheets for torque values etc when stuff like gearbox oil is done etc. Their fine with me asking for a specific technician to work on it, who I talk to when he's done and before.
I found out the service manager is now gone, now does some office thing, totally nothing to do with cars. Disappointed, but I though at least I still got the tech who's great, plus another two of the techs (there are three in total) know what I'm like, so there's even more of a fall back.
Found out y'day that not only the service manager, but even ALL THREE of the techs are no longer there! 😥

If you don't trust the Mazda main dealer to change oil on the Mazda without knowing torque figures (?) why use the main dealer to do it? You could do it yourself or give the torque figures to a local mechanic and insist you watch him using his torque wrench.
 
If you don't trust the Mazda main dealer to change oil on the Mazda without knowing torque figures (?) why use the main dealer to do it? You could do it yourself or give the torque figures to a local mechanic and insist you watch him using his torque wrench.
Because my own experience with 'trusty independents' is likewise the same. Which is why I go to Mazda (or other dealerships with other cars), as I find if an issue arises they are more 'official' at dealing with it. I've found the 'trusty independent' akin to a 'trusty Roofer' when things don't do to pan. The torque figures weren't for 'normal' oil, but a gearbox oil change, when I thought they don't do my particular car that much, and it's known to have a chocolate gear box. I actually brought my own oil that day, as the word is that dealers stick in whatever (Mazda UK weren't that much better when I was tying to get part numbers for the OEM gear oil). They were fine with that, but it transpired they use the OEM oil, as he showed me it!
I can't do it myself as I'm useless.

Essentially I'm an outliner: I'm well into car detailing so don't really want any one messing with it, and cars are my hobby. 99% of people who go to dealerships and even 'trusty independents' are the types who aren't really into cars. So people get used to working certain ways, for the 99% of customer.
I once heard someone say something which stuck with me, along the lines of that in life, people don't really deeply care, or listen, when it;s something which isn't personal to them, so if it's personal to you, you usually got to be a pain in the a**e, or make them think you're an obsessive to get someone to listen to what you want, and expect, and up their game.
And as I've said in places before 'how many people do you see like me' (usually zero or the odd one)? So my argument is it isn't really that hard in a job to be totally focused on a job once a year. Even more so when that person is given them a decent amount of money.
Also, if someone don't want to do it, if I'm deemed too 'hard work' (you know, wanting them to do a good job), I actually don't mind that, as it says to me they don't think they have the skills to do it anyway.

Like tyres for eg, a nightmare in general. How many times I've gone in with PRISTINE alloys, not a mark on them (as in not a micro dot), busting my gut every week with ph neutral wheels shampoos etc, to see 'fitters' mark them,-. The arguments I've had. Like how can you fit tyres for X amount of years and still mark someone's tyres who's alloys are pristine and in front of you the customer's saying they're his life.
 
Last edited:
That’s irrelevant, says so in the small print.

No kissing on the lips ?

But every other sexual activity is fine, how odd is that.
Swinging's not for me, okay if you're into that sort of thing, but no way am I throwing the Elgrands keys in a bowl for anyone to pick up
 
Swinging's not for me, okay if you're into that sort of thing, but no way am I throwing the Elgrands keys in a bowl for anyone to pick up
There are so few Elgrands about that the participants would know that they were your keys. That could work for or against you, depending on how ugly/handsome you are.

A solution would be to attend a “swing” (is that what they call them?) made up entirely of Elgrand owners. Wish I hadn’t written that now, have scarred myself for life thinking about that.
 
Back
Top