• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

If he puts any diseasel in his 1 horsepower chariot it likely will have the trots.

I thought the Amish rejected all modern tech but he's wearing synthetic clothes and has a bluetooth ear bud in

Showing off his 5 spokes lol.
 
My neighbour Kathleen across the street, rang me this morning, she was quite upset and said a tractor had gone up the street and sprayed a liquid onto all the vehicles on my side. She said her car was covered and mine was too! What Furgo!!!? I literally flew out of the house, without even checking what I had on my feet, or if I was even wearing clothes! 😳 - luckily I was!

It looked like oil, but then two lads who were painting a house shouted over "hey lass, is that yours?" as I was looking at poor Furgo with watery eyes... 🥺 I went over and they explained that the tractor had pulled out of a turning just down from here and as it came across the street, they heard a pop and saw what they thought was hydraulic fluid, come squirting out of the side of it. One of the lads had been standing by his van on this side and was covered head to toe in it. He said it had gone in his eyes and mouth too!

I went and got my car wash bucket and while filling it, called the Police. They said not to touch it, but I said I had to clean it off in case it was corrosive. Anyway, as soon as I said that word, all hell let loose. (I went and cleaned what I could off Furgo, but it was really sticky and managed to clean Ians Van (Kathleens husband) and a car down from me belonging to another neighbour.) Police cars, Fire Engine the lot turned up on blue lights. I explained that the street was absolutely covered in it my side and it was like walking on an ice rink and that is why I had called, worried that a vehicle would lose control and smash into the parked vehicles. Fire Engine stood down and the two Police cars set up a POLICE AWARE cordon and slowed the traffic down. They contacted Highways and waited. It went a full 2 miles up the street!

Several of us left and went down to the car wash and had our cars cleaned. The lads were quite surprised to see so many vehicles turning up on a Tuesday! A good day for them.

I got back, parked up and then went and waited with the Police. I wasn't sure what I should do, being the one that phoned, but decided that was the right thing. Coffee and Tea rejected, we all stood about chatting and getting cold. So, the street is covered in very slippery stuff and this huge heavy gritter comes speeding down and flies straight past us all! The Police were so shocked they just looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

Anyway, Mr Gritter turned around and came back again at full speed, finally spreading a little bit, up from where we were all stood. We all looked at each other and burst out laughing. It seemed so surreal. Anyway, back he came and I just stood in the middle of the street, until he slowed down and then pointed to the side by Furgo. He got it and sprayed the side of the street with all he had.

I wonder how long it will take for any damage to Furgo to show itself? I wonder what that liquid actually was?
Sorry I haven't commented before Caroline, i've been working away and just catching up with all that has been happening. What an awful thing to happen, it sounds like a nighmare. I'm glad to hear that there appears to be no lasting damage.
 
Sorry I haven't commented before Caroline, i've been working away and just catching up with all that has been happening. What an awful thing to happen, it sounds like a nighmare. I'm glad to hear that there appears to be no lasting damage.

Thanks Barry, so far so good. I went and checked Kathleens new black car this morning. I could see the lines of liquid a lot better on hers when it happened. I can't see anything on hers, the tyres, or on Furgo, now both vehicles are dry. I mean for the liquid to have sprayed out so thickly as to cover one side of the street and cars/pavement for nearly two miles, it must have been something big that takes a lot of liquid? Oh well, so far so good. Just keeping an eye on the tyres now more than anything.
 
Last edited:
I'm a bit miffed after jacking up the car, supporting the gearbox, and removing the crossmember, only to find that the "E50 Elgrand 3.2 rear gearbox mount" doesn't actually fit 🙄

I could make it fit, but not without weakening the thing, so it's useless.

I'll send it back and order oem from Japan at 4 times the price and 8 times the wait. I'll just have to put up with the vibrations in reverse.

It doesn't fit over the crossmember:
1000045814.jpg

It actually fits inside the oem mount:
1000045815.jpg
 
It's a good day today

2 weeks ago we discovered our septic tank was full and likely blocked at the outflow.

It was 2 weeks before 2 companies could come out to clear it.

Tank pump @ £420

A separate company attended to jet the drains and outflow, and check the structure, outflow and soakaway, at a cost of £1200.

They attended on Monday. It is now Saturday and the drains are blocked.

It transpired that the company with the jetter unit didn't sort the outflow and soakaway because they couldn't get access, oh and they missed a drain .. they kept the £1200 as this had to be paid up front.

I am now digging the tank up by hand as they took all my money and I'm back to square one
 
It's a good day today

2 weeks ago we discovered our septic tank was full and likely blocked at the outflow.

It was 2 weeks before 2 companies could come out to clear it.

Tank pump @ £420

A separate company attended to jet the drains and outflow, and check the structure, outflow and soakaway, at a cost of £1200.

They attended on Monday. It is now Saturday and the drains are blocked.

It transpired that the company with the jetter unit didn't sort the outflow and soakaway because they couldn't get access, oh and they missed a drain .. they kept the £1200 as this had to be paid up front.

I am now digging the tank up by hand as they took all my money and I'm back to square one
Can't you ring the company and get them to do it properly?
 
Can't you ring the company and get them to do it properly?

I rang them when they left after 15 mins, and he said that bes not going to do it because of the access ... now I thought a drainage engineer would be able to get in and do it

As a side note, the nearest company that would come here is 180 miles away
 
Last edited:
I rang them when they left after 15 mins, and he said that bes not going to do it because of the access ... now I thought a drainage engineer would be able to get in and do it

As a side note, the nearest company that would come here is 180 miles away
Write them a google review, or any trade reviews, which is horrendous
 
Half the time I wonder if being a 'tradesman' would have been a good move. Have horrendous organisation, mess people about, finish 1/2 past 2, do a 15% 'decent' job, be almost immune to any recourse, park wherever i want, tail gait whoever's slowing me up, and be almost immune to not being able to get future work
 
I rang them when they left after 15 mins, and he said that bes not going to do it because of the access ... now I thought a drainage engineer would be able to get in and do it

As a side note, the nearest company that would come here is 180 miles away
What size septic tank do you have? (litres)
 
Write them a google review, or any trade reviews, which is horrendous

Red flag that I should have noticed is the lack of Google review, FB page etc ... he was contracted on the recommendation of a well renowned septic tank pumping company.

I shall mention it in their review ... Fly with crows, get shot with the crows
 
It's a good day today

2 weeks ago we discovered our septic tank was full and likely blocked at the outflow.

It was 2 weeks before 2 companies could come out to clear it.

Tank pump @ £420

A separate company attended to jet the drains and outflow, and check the structure, outflow and soakaway, at a cost of £1200.

They attended on Monday. It is now Saturday and the drains are blocked.

It transpired that the company with the jetter unit didn't sort the outflow and soakaway because they couldn't get access, oh and they missed a drain .. they kept the £1200 as this had to be paid up front.

I am now digging the tank up by hand as they took all my money and I'm back to square one
If they won't come back and carry out the work they qioted and charged you for, you need to take some legal advice, as they have not done what they contracted for, and what you paid for. Or you could contact the BBC One Show and see if the guy who does the 'Rogue Traders' part wil take up your case. Email the company so you have things in black and white rather than just verbal, and go to Trading Standards about them. Also have a look at their invoice to see if there are any terms and conditions on it or on their website.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Barry, so far so good. I went and checked Kathleens new black car this morning. I could see the lines of liquid a lot better on hers when it happened. I can't see anything on hers, the tyres, or on Furgo, now both vehicles are dry. I mean for the liquid to have sprayed out so thickly as to cover one side of the street and cars/pavement for nearly two miles, it must have been something big that takes a lot of liquid? Oh well, so far so good. Just keeping an eye on the tyres now more than anything.
I am glad there appears to be no lasting damage so far. Do you know if any of the services that came to clear it up do any test to determine what the liquid was, in case it was hazardous? This usually happens with spills, especially if it is likely to enter the drains or watercourse.
 
If they won't come back and carry out the work they qioted and charged you for, you need to take some legal advice, as they have not done what they contracted for, and what you paid for. Or you could contact the BBC One Show and see if the guy who does the 'Rogue Traders' part wil take up your case. Email the company so you have things in black and white rather than just verbal, and go to Trading Standards about them. Also have a look at their invoice to see if there are any terms and conditions on it or on their website.
Exactly this. If they've agreed to do Job X for £Y, then not actually don't Job X, they aren't entitled to £Y, unless there is something explicit in the contract/invoice that allows them to retain a proportion of £Y - in which case you should have been given amply sight of those terms otherwise you can't reasonably have been given due time to consider and be able to agree to them fairly.
Case in point....my employer spent the last six months and thousands on recruitment a new head of department. Offer was made. Offer was accepted. Day before the chap was due to start, claims "family reasons" and didn't rock up. Didn't want to take the kids from current school, a fact that would have been known when they applied for the job, when they interviewed for it, when they accepted it back in August and any multiple points prior to not showing up. Breach of contracts right there.
 
Back
Top