NISMO is Nissan MOtorsportOk I used google, Nissan Performance. Their own performance upgrades.
!! after the first few, frequent trips to the Petrol Station you'll learn to moderate the right foot lol.Just bought a E51 . Loving it so far . Took the kids on their first propper trip 15 miles or so each way to a play centre, used £40 in fuel .
An @Elementian middle box does wonders for my fuel economy. I know when I'm being a lead footed from the exhaust note.!! after the first few, frequent trips to the Petrol Station you'll learn to moderate the right foot lol.
1st rule of Elgrand driving, gently away from the lights, drive it like your grandma.
This rule obviously doesn't apply when showboating in front of VW drivers......![]()
I filled up yesterday, the wheels & tyres I got off @dognero (top bloke!) were fitted Friday. The difference they've made to comfort, road-holding and stability is unbelievable, almost like having a different car!An @Elementian middle box does wonders for my fuel economy. I know when I'm being a lead footed from the exhaust note.
Ha I was being dramatic . I was.driving like an old fart and the needle bearly budged .I'm sure my maths is wrong (grade 5 cse) but I worked that out as around 6mpg ??
That's a relief. What about my maths??Ha I was being dramatic . I was.driving like an old fart and the needle bearly budged .
Dicky cam sensor or crank sensor?1: Fitted the Dual Red/White Fog/Reverse bulbs and holders, no idea what they put on the outside of the lens but it's not coming off easy.
Nice to have 2 reversing lights back and ran a cable across so I have 2 fog lights now too.
2: Found the TV Tuner and it already had a patch cable fitted and a triple RCA cable heading towards the front.
3: Took the front facia off to sort out the not holding presets on the new Xtrons unit, swapped the red and yellow around. Presets holding now and no boot from cold every time.
4: Took the glovebox out trying to find where the RCA lead from the TV Tuner was routed but couldn't find it anywhere, not behind the Head Unit, not behind the glovebox.
5: While I had the glovebox out I earthed the two pins from the Navigation Unit so I should be ok to mirror the Head Unit whilst driving now and
whilst in there I routed the aerial for the new DAB+ adapter up the nearside front pillar.
6: Tested the Video out from the Head Unit to the OEM screen by slinging a cable through the back to the TV Tuner and selecting VTR, works fine, crap resolution but working.
7: Might have broken the Elgrand.
I'm hoping it's just a weird Nissan thing but while I was doing these various bits I had the engine running, after 10-15min (might have been longer) the engine just shut down, no weird sounds, no overheating, just shut down. I restarted the engine but unlike normal, it took a good 5 or 6 revolutions of the starter for it to fire up.
I continued doing the other jobs and the same thing happened after another 10-15mins.
Again I started back up, same 5 or 6 revolutions but this time I had the yellow check engine light. I switched off, then started again and she started first turn of the starter as normal but still the engine light. Took her for a spin and no limp mode or funny noises, running fine, temp normal but the damn engine light is still on and I can't read Japanese so no idea what it say's.
I'll use google translate tomorrow to find out what it says, too knackered now to care![]()
I got it to 6.8mpg at £1.50 per litre. As yer man said he was fibbing lol!That's a relief. What about my maths??
Try in the cubby hole under the driver's seat, accessed from the flap in the step.4: Took the glovebox out trying to find where the RCA lead from the TV Tuner was routed but couldn't find it anywhere, not behind the Head Unit, not behind the glovebox.
No idea, never done it before whilst driving. Just this time whilst idling on the drive. I'm waiting for my ODB II Bluetooth scanner to turn up so when it does I'll find out hopefully.Dicky cam sensor or crank sensor?
Will doTry in the cubby hole under the driver's seat, accessed from the flap in the step.
Maybe the wiring work you were doing with engine on may have put a "spike" in the system?No idea, never done it before whilst driving. Just this time whilst idling on the drive. I'm waiting for my ODB II Bluetooth scanner to turn up so when it does I'll find out hopefully.