• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I prefer the S1 lights to my S2 ones, anyone know if you can "retrofit" into my existing housing or would I need the surrounds?
@RuskinStreet rear lights S2 to S1 I don’t think is possible.

if front lights S2 to S1 housing is not the same as you would require new front grille also. S1 front light have gap for trim in middle of light

I stand to be corrected
 
Fitted new discs and pads all-round :). Rear off side read sticking on and getting very hot :mad:. Stripped down,cleaned again and refitted, still sticking on :joy:. New caliper ordered. Please wait for update.

Nice one bud, but before you shell out on a caliper have you checked the slider pins as these are always failing on Elgrands! 👍
 
Dropped the van off at Vine Place this morning, we'd arranged to have the cruise control fitted. I had some expert tuition on the rock and roll bed, again, hopefully it has stuck this time. They also fixed a couple of minor snags for me.
They are a great bunch and they always answer questions without any fuss. Who would have guessed that the really small button with the word door written on it would make the cabin courtesy lights go on when the door is opened! Also the button slightly to the side of it with a light symbol on doesn't make a light go on because the light it controlled was removed when the pop top roof was installed.

Amazon delivered some cargo nets and cargo straps today, these will be tomorrows playthings.
 
Took a cruise up to near Stroud to pick up a drive away awning (went for the Vango Cove Air II low). FBI van behaved impeccably, 260 mile round trip and "only" used just under 3/4 of a tank full 😎
 
Started this project, unfortunately it is not plug and play.
iEWXHfn.jpeg
 
Requires the entire connector to rewired, but now my indicators are on the European side, no more flashing my wipers. How-To to follow when I've written it all down.
Have you used the rear fog light function on the stick as well?

edit: top work Charles.
 
Have you used the rear fog light function on the stick as well?

edit: top work Charles.
Rear fog will take fair bit of work because the switch doesn't stay in the Rear Fog position (to comply with recent mandate that fog light must turn off when the ignition/light are turned off). But I have a plan
 
Hi All
Thought I'd post what I finally did to mine with the LiFePO4 battery. Well it is in and working great. While I was at it I put a new floor down and added rgbw disco lights. I now have 240v onboard from a 2000w inverter, usb/s and 12v dotted around. I went Renogy kit where possible. The box that holds all the battery and kit was made so that when the rear seat is folded flat, it is the same height as the seat and can be used to extend the seat for sleeping. With a tote box the other end and a SIM I think it should be OK for the odd nights sleep. The box is also perfect for using as a work top, had the induction hob on it the other day!. I took the middle row seats out last summer, so I took the middle seat belts out which gave me holes for placing my sockets etc. Having half of the back open will allow me to still have some "van" space with the seat folded up. Just need to add some sturdy tie downs in various unused boltholes and a better battery strap using the rear of the seat runner as an anchor.
I'm very happy with it, it makes a great day van and with my side awning and Renogy Solar Suitcase it will make a great power source for camping, gas free :)
Dee
 

Attachments

  • el8.jpg
    el8.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 51
  • el2.jpg
    el2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 51
  • el7.jpg
    el7.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 48
  • el4.jpg
    el4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 48
  • el1.jpg
    el1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50
  • el6.jpg
    el6.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Rear fog will take fair bit of work because the switch doesn't stay in the Rear Fog position (to comply with recent mandate that fog light must turn off when the ignition/light are turned off). But I have a plan
I love it when a plan comes together…
 
Back
Top