• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Speed Awareness Indicators

Settings / Voice and Sound
Along the top you should see On Off or Alerts Only.
There should also be a speaker icon on the main screen you can press which brings up the same options.
Of course if you have alerts only you don't get the directions coming through but I find those annoying so don't generally use them.

Yes, I have the sound on. I don't want just ALERTS, I need to hear the directions. If I turn sound off and just have alerts, it stops talking to me, which is no good. No worries, the speeding verbal alert is not for me anyway, but it would have been nice!

One thing I noticed on my drive this morning was the audible alert only sounded when you speed up past the threshold limit. So for example if you go from a 70 speed limit to a 50 limit there is no audible warning until your speed drops below 50 and then speed up past the threshold limit.
Yes, I have the sound on. I don't want JUST ALERTS, I need to hear the directions. If I turn sound off and just have alerts, it stops talking to me, which is no good. No worries, the speeding verbal alert is not for me anyway, but it would have been nice!
Pretty sure mine works with sound on as well. Will check later on and let you know.

One thing I noticed on my drive this morning was the audible alert only sounded when you speed up past the threshold limit. So for example if you go from a 70 speed limit to a 50 limit there is no audible warning until your speed drops below 50 and then speed up past the threshold limit.

Pretty sure mine works with sound on as well. Will check later on and let you know.

Thanks. If it does, maybe there has been an update, in which case I might try deleting the app and re-loading it. Mine is Version 4.103.1.2

Well that was an interesting experiment.
Set the alert to sound at the speed limit rather than 5mph above and sound set to on rather than alerts only. It still works but....
Had to turn volume down as the directions sound was far too loud. The alert volume was then so low it was sometimes difficult to hear. When I got home went into settings again and the guidance volume is set to maximum. I guess that if I turn that down to say halfway this may resolve that issue.
Also - and this is a big issue - I noticed that the alert will only sound once in each speed zone. By way of explanation, travelling on motorway the alert sounded when I exceeded 70mph. I slowed down below 70 then sped up again to 70+ but no alert sounded. Tried this several times with same result. After going through a 50 limit stretch (unable to test here due to traffic) back to 70 limit the alert sounded again the first time limit was exceeded. Back on to 'normal' roads with 30 limit the alert sounded once my speed dropped below 30 then crept back up to 30+.
So my conclusion is that the alert is not really fit for purpose. Shame 😔

Well that was an interesting experiment.
Set the alert to sound at the speed limit rather than 5mph above and sound set to on rather than alerts only. It still works but....
Had to turn volume down as the directions sound was far too loud. The alert volume was then so low it was sometimes difficult to hear. When I got home went into settings again and the guidance volume is set to maximum. I guess that if I turn that down to say halfway this may resolve that issue.
Also - and this is a big issue - I noticed that the alert will only sound once in each speed zone. By way of explanation, travelling on motorway the alert sounded when I exceeded 70mph. I slowed down below 70 then sped up again to 70+ but no alert sounded. Tried this several times with same result. After going through a 50 limit stretch (unable to test here due to traffic) back to 70 limit the alert sounded again the first time limit was exceeded. Back on to 'normal' roads with 30 limit the alert sounded once my speed dropped below 30 then crept back up to 30+.
So my conclusion is that the alert is not really fit for purpose. Shame 😔

Thanks for doing the experiment.

Works on my wife's iPhone, but not on my android (Oppo phone).
And yes, you just get the single alert for each speed zone.

Started working on my android this week. Not sure why 🤔 Perhaps unknowingly change a setting in my phone?
Still just a single alert for each speed zone though.

Back