• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

M6 Toll Charges

pumps100

Premium Member
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Hi all,

I used the M6 Toll on a recent trip up to Scotland. Going up joined from the M42 to M6 North and vice-versa on the return.

Received my credit card statement today:

16th May £9.70

31st May £16.60

I had a look at their website. Kind of complicated - depends on where you get on and off plus the size of the vehicle determined by ANPR and gizmos to physically measure your vehicle.

I have challenged it. But I think the charge is determined by vehicle height and length plus number of axles. The £9.70 was probably wrong!

Interestingly there is a facility on their website to get a receipt. You input date of travel & registration number plus last four digits of the card used to pay. However, the computer said "No" as it didn't recognise the registration plate number.

I'll keep you posted when they've came back to me.

Ian

Tip of the day. When the overhead signs say “M6 TOLL CLEAR” that actually means that the normal M6 is also clear and you should use that without cost.
The reason for this is that if the normal M6 wasn’t clear and free flowing they would sure as hell tell you about it.

Tip of the day. When the overhead signs say “M6 TOLL CLEAR” that actually means that the normal M6 is also clear and you should use that without cost.
The reason for this is that if the normal M6 wasn’t clear and free flowing they would sure as hell tell you about it.
Correct...my reasoning every time I approach it.

They never say the M6 is flowing do they?

Used to live near there. I have seen busier B roads than the M6 Toll - local bone of contention that it should be taken into public ownership and made free. Depending on the time of day, going up the M42 and turning left onto the A5 isn't much slower and a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Bal
I'm still waiting for an explanation.

Reactions: Bal
I am not a fan of all motorways being toll roads, but it's nice to have some that are, as they are usually quieter at peak times. If they made the M6 toll free, it would get as busy as the M6 at peak times. We got stuck on the M6 for hours once before the toll road was there, so I'm happy to use it.

When we went to Canada a few years ago, we used a toll road to get round a huge traffic jam in Toronto, worth every penny not to sit in traffic for hours.

Just my opinion of course, everyone can make their own choice. :)

I am not a fan of all motorways being toll roads, but it's nice to have some that are, as they are usually quieter at peak times. If they made the M6 toll free, it would get as busy as the M6 at peak times. We got stuck on the M6 for hours once before the toll road was there, so I'm happy to use it.

When we went to Canada a few years ago, we used a toll road to get round a huge traffic jam in Toronto, worth every penny not to sit in traffic for hours.

Just my opinion of course, everyone can make their own choice. :)
We actually liked it because we have a dog and we find the services on the M6 Toll to be convenient and good to exercise the mutt.

Back