• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Headlight Polishing - So satisfying!

Robby

Active Newbie
Premium Member
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
So Saturday's task was to polish the headlights, am I weird I found it great fun and so satisfying looking at the before and after pics! I would share pictures but can't find upload picture file, the icons seem to only allow uploading web links?

Nice one Robert, Elgrands seem to suffer from yellowing headlights!
If you become s premium member for £12 a year you can then easily upload pics, otherwise you need to use a 3rd party pic provider.

What did you use fir it ?
Turtle wax headlight restorer bought for £11.99 from amazon and applied and polished with the Rupes HR81ML/BLX Bigfoot Long Neck Polishing Machine - lazy I know but it saved an aching arm and both were done very quickly, it takes more time to mask up the surrounding paintwork!

Nice one Robert, Elgrands seem to suffer from yellowing headlights!
If you become s premium member for £12 a year you can then easily upload pics, otherwise you need to use a 3rd party pic provider.
Ah that's the key to pic uploads - thanks

So Saturday's task was to polish the headlights, am I weird I found it great fun and so satisfying looking at the before and after pics! I would share pictures but can't find upload picture file, the icons seem to only allow uploading web links?

Are you going to upload some pics? 😉

So I now have permission to post pictures .... not that the headlights were particularly bad but they are now very very good!

Attachments

• IMG_2913.jpg
    IMG_2913.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2917.jpg
    IMG_2917.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2918.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 19
Back