• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

With the CT looming on Wednesday I gave it a good wash, including wheels off, round the wheel arches and blasted the crud from inside the side skirts and rear bumper. Farmers tend to drag most of their fields into the road where I live and it's good to remove it every now and then as it holds moisture.
I need to do this soon too. I was lying underneath the van the other day and there are some substantially sized soggy clods accumulating in those dark crevices.
 
MOT due Thursday. I had an advisory on a rear reflector last time and in my typical procrastination, I forgot.
Using the guide on here, along with loosening off most of the rear bumper (S1 impul body kit) I removed the rear cluster, hoping to pop open the lense cover, clean and win easily.
Oh no though... Plastic so old and brittle it's impossible to open the clips without breaking them all.
But, I soon realised it was water ingress that was making the reflector dull.
Drilled a small hole and out ran the water.
Reflector almost perfect now so hopefully no problem on Thursday.
The water was getting in due to a crack in the rear cluster so I'll be looking for one soon...
 
I need to do this soon too. I was lying underneath the van the other day and there are some substantially sized soggy clods accumulating in those dark crevices.
Make sure to look behind the plastic arch liner to the rear of the front wheel.
 
Thought someone had sent you a foot still attached to a lower leg until I saw the lower pic
Looked a little like that to me Simon, have to admit to giving the package a good shake before I unpacked to be sure ( yes I know, it says fragile) lol
 
Work in progress, got compressor fridge/freezer support made/welded, mounted to original second row middle seat runners and works the same as original with handles at front and back to slide it from front seats to second row. Now needs wood surround and covering with leathercloth to match seats.
When I tried it fridge unit went from 16 degrees down to minus 20 degrees in one hour, will freeze water ok, so it will be great driving with an ice cold beer in hand ;)20250624_165203.jpg20250624_162610.jpg20250624_162618.jpg
 
Trip to Martin at DRA services in Croydon for a full service, new front brakes and a new aircon compressor, idler and regas. When he removed the oil and pollen filters they were Japanese and the pollen filter was black, so its possible that they might not have been changed since before import. Then down to Adrian at Winchester Imports (with the aircon at full beautiful ice blast) for a Waxoyl underseal and some new rear bushes on the front suspension arm. Spent the first night in the van and arrived back home with a lighter wallet but happy in heart. Last on the to do list are some heavy duty springs to jack up the back, as its much lower than it should be due to the conversion, and then ready for the first trip, possibly to Normandy.

Underseal1.png
 
Last edited:
Nice! Love the black grille and badge is that a replacement or painted/vinyl? I was thinking of using diy liquid vinyl wrap to do the same but not sure how easy it is?
Thanks. I did it with matt black Plasti Dip. I took the grill off but it can be done in situ. I would not say it is difficult.
 
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what's the model of fridge? It looks absolutely perfect for in between the seats there. I saw one on facebook but the chap never replied to my question.

Work in progress, got compressor fridge/freezer support made/welded, mounted to original second row middle seat runners and works the same as original with handles at front and back to slide it from front seats to second row. Now needs wood surround and covering with leathercloth to match seats.
When I tried it fridge unit went from 16 degrees down to minus 20 degrees in one hour, will freeze water ok, so it will be great driving with an ice cold beer in hand
 
Back
Top