• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Had a bit of a tidy up under the front bumper.

LOmPVv5m.jpg
12XdojPm.jpg


I'll re-visit those rust marks later

2ycSICIm.jpg


Also noticed the front fog lenses need sorting out.

uBvxcuxm.jpg


Is there a guide on how to get to these?
It seems to vary depending on exact spec series, But generally, you can unclip the chrome part and get to them from the front if you are careful.
Many people swap out the light itself for a new one.
EDIT: Removed link as it didn't apply to this one.
 
Performed step 1 for K&N Filter cleaning, currently hanging on the washing line drying in this glorious weather before re-oiling it! šŸ¤™
Watch the amount of oil mate , I usually let it stand for a while once oiled as well so it goes tacky rather than stay wet but then I’m teaching granny to suck eggs I k ow lol
 
Watch the amount of oil mate , I usually let it stand for a while once oiled as well so it goes tacky rather than stay wet but then I’m teaching granny to suck eggs I k ow lol

Yes indeed buddy, it's my spare K&N from the silver one so I will let it sit for a while before transferring it to the white Elgrand. :p
 
Had a good day yesterday, went to Redcar to see a great gentleman called George, @George322 to pick up a LPG pump, went on to Saltburn fossil hunting, called at Staithes and Whitby, did 200 plus miles, the bus was faultless, apart from me pressing the carwings while putting the rear aircon on and taking a few minutes to get the screen back on, brilliant day and weather but a bit jiggered when I got back home at eight. Pics of Staithes and the bus at Hole of Horcum carpark. 20250428_132852.jpg20250428_165805.jpg
 
Not sure if this should go in the technical tips?

I had a very strange experience with "Big L". Started the car but the battery was flat (I knew it would be I hadn't isolated the battery after I last used it) so used a "jump pack" and she fired up first time. Let's go! From the rear of the car a constant warning tone sounded. It sounded a little like the proximity alert from the parking sensors but a constant tone. No warnings on the screen. I'd just been removing some stuff from the boot so opened and closed the rear hatch a few times. So tried to drive it to see if anything happened. Well nothing on the screen no warnings or errors, but the tone persisted. It would sound if I moved the car backwards or forwards but would stop when I was stationary. So I did IT 101, switched everything off and back on again. Even put the battery on charge. Same. Also the side doors wouldn't open using the buttons on the dash but were fine if I used the door handles. Odd.

What it turned out to be was the battery in the key. I used the other key and everything was back to normal. Good job I didn't need to be anywhere today! Just need to change the battery in that key now.
 
Nothing to the Elgrand, but saw there are some members I haven't seen for a while, nice to see you on here again guys @AlanM @Phil @Tim C
I can't help myself, even though I haven't got the car anymore! Spent so many years on here I just tap the link out of habit I suppose! It is the best forum around, even though I am no longer part of the gang anymore. Hope things are good with you!

I do miss the car sometimes, but I am happy with the new ones and them not being imports does mean less hassle overall. Getting rid was the best thing for me in the end.
 
I can't help myself, even though I haven't got the car anymore! Spent so many years on here I just tap the link out of habit I suppose! It is the best forum around, even though I am no longer part of the gang anymore. Hope things are good with you!

I do miss the car sometimes, but I am happy with the new ones and them not being imports does mean less hassle overall. Getting rid was the best thing for me in the end.
Tim, it’s like hotel California, you can check out but you can’t actually leave 😬
 
Rear cats went for decoring today only to discover they’ve already been sorted!😁 John Clark (Motor Engineers) of Glasgow checked them and did my ATF change. Saved money and the van!
 
Last edited:
Completed the second and final ATF flush. Dropped and replaced just under 10 litres altogether. That’ll do me. What a labour of love this work has been. In the last 4 weeks since buying the Elgrand I have:

Decored rear catalytic converters
Replaced auxiliary belts
flushed break reservoir and callipers
Flushed and replaced the coolant
Full engine service
All air filters replaced
Flushed and replaced ATF
Replaced power steering fluid
Fitted a phone connecting solution
Fitted a GPS speedi

That’s enough for 4 weeks of ownership. Time to enjoy it now
 
Completed the second and final ATF flush. Dropped and replaced just under 10 litres altogether. That’ll do me. What a labour of love this work has been. In the last 4 weeks since buying the Elgrand I have:

Decored rear catalytic converters
Replaced auxiliary belts
flushed break reservoir and callipers
Flushed and replaced the coolant
Full engine service
All air filters replaced
Flushed and replaced ATF
Replaced power steering fluid
Fitted a phone connecting solution
Fitted a GPS speedi

That’s enough for 4 weeks of ownership. Time to enjoy it now
Aaaaaaaaand, relax.
 
Completed the second and final ATF flush. Dropped and replaced just under 10 litres altogether. That’ll do me. What a labour of love this work has been. In the last 4 weeks since buying the Elgrand I have:

Decored rear catalytic converters
Replaced auxiliary belts
flushed break reservoir and callipers
Flushed and replaced the coolant
Full engine service
All air filters replaced
Flushed and replaced ATF
Replaced power steering fluid
Fitted a phone connecting solution
Fitted a GPS speedi

That’s enough for 4 weeks of ownership. Time to enjoy it now
Sounds like your enjoying it to me lol
 
These fobs do like to be snobs when it comes to batteries, they need to be of good quality and not too old lol. Come to think that’s how I ā€œ wouldā€ like my woman
I forwarded this onto "Mrs Highway Dave", she seemed quite miffed mate lol
 
I forwarded this onto "Mrs Highway Dave", she seemed quite miffed mate lol
Simply told her I was talking about her and you were just butting in ā€œ I’m good mate ā€œ you I’m not sure about
 
Back
Top