• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Please say a prayer: 20mph in Wales

Most of the driving I do through London is through 20mph limits, just set cruise control and crack on. Most of our estates are 20mph, I enjoy seeing the faces boil behind me as they want to speed past. I personally see no issue and the only problems are those drivers getting rage and pressuring the one in front to break the limit.
People doing 20 in a national...well that happens regardless as it seems I'd say 45-55% of drivers do not know what the national speed limit sign means.
20mph limit doesn't increase accidents, drivers cause accidents, especially those using tunnel vision. If a person cannot react to a situation at 20mph they should rethink if they should be driving. You can nail it dead at 20mph as it's at a speed the average driver can react quick enough.
My driving has completely changed the past year, despite driving a performance car I now drive like a granny with cataracts going to Sunday worship.

I was reading an advanced motoring book before and it said the amount of hits due solely because of speed pails into insignificance compared to non-sped related driver error.
So, I wonder how many of the 'statistics' of accidents they use to push a policy were actually totally due to speed, and how many were due to, say,a muppet 'driving' on his or her mobile phone?
In connection, I wonder how many hits were primarily due to a pedestrian error- walking out between parked cars, walking across a road looking at a cat doing 11 meows a second on ticktok?
But how many of those would have been avoided if the driver was doing 20 and so way more than ample time to react?

But how many of those would have been avoided if the driver was doing 20 and so way more than ample time to react?
I don't know. 'Driving' while looking at a mobile? Probably none. They have no reaction time. And considering the pedestrians, again I don't know, a question might be how many would have been avoided had a person had that pesky thing called personal responsibility and personally chose not to walk into the middle of a road glued to the meowing cat trending video on ticktoc?

Most of our estates are 20mph, I enjoy seeing the faces boil behind me as they want to speed past.
You will always have people who like to have a feeling of control :cool:

There used to be public information films teaching kids how to cross the road. Surely a social media campaign targeted at kids on their phones would be cheaper than what Wales has spent?
But only in the form of a TikTok challenge ....

As I said, if a person cannot stop dead from 20mph if someone steps out (whilst watching a cat video on tiktok) then they need to rethink if they should be driving

As I said, if a person cannot stop dead from 20mph if someone steps out (whilst watching a cat video on tiktok) then they need to rethink if they should be driving
And maybe the person should reconsider if they should be walking.

However, the argument can apply to n cases of driving, not just cherry picking parts:

A 'driver' uses his/her mobile phone when 'driving'? then they need to rethink if they should be driving

I enjoy seeing the faces boil behind me as they want to speed past.
A person enjoys seeing (and hence getting distracted via emotion) other drivers' 'faces boil' in following cars? then they need to rethink if they should be driving

In addition:
A person 'drives' at 20mph in 60mph zones? then they need to rethink if they should be driving

A person struggles to park? then they need to rethink if they should be driving

...the list goes on and on and on. A good way to get 99% of motorists of the roads lol

A person buys a black Elgrand? Then they need to rethink if they should be driving.....
I'd go further in my case; I should have had a rethink if I should be driving long before I put the deposit down on a black Elgrand

The thing with these types of threads is they often go down divisive (20mph ) roads, where camp A want them scrapped, and camp B endorse them.
Granted a bit ironic given I started the thread (šŸ§), but it is often the way these types of threads pan out.

The thing with these types of threads is they often go down divisive (20mph ) roads, where camp A want them scrapped, and camp B endorse them.
Granted a bit ironic given I started the thread (šŸ§), but it is often the way these types of threads pan out.
And someone gets the hump.

Mind, where there are humps the speed limit is 20mph anyway :rolleyes:

And maybe the person should reconsider if they should be walking.
Change how they walk, quit the head down headphones on approach (this applies to cyclist too) and open your bloudy eyes and ears
However, the argument can apply to n cases of driving, not just cherry picking parts:

A 'driver' uses his/her mobile phone when 'driving'? then they need to rethink if they should be driving
Absolutely
A person enjoys seeing (and hence getting distracted via emotion) other drivers' 'face boil' in following cars? then they need to rethink if they should be driving
I don't go out of my way to antagonise and sit there smiling and laughing, my words were exaggerated but I do think fu...you when I get them behind me coz they're bad tempered self entitled idiots
In addition:
A person 'drives' at 20mph in 60mph zones? then they need to rethink if they should be driving
They need to read the highway code or do the theory test. Especially if that person is a repeat offender. Pulled over "do you know blah de blah"? "Eerrr no??" Retest time.
A person struggles to park? then they need to rethink if they should be driving
..the list goes on and on and on. A good way to get 99% of motorists of the roads lol

No, we all have a bad parking day moment,

Which sketch, I donā€™t recall it.
I tried to find it on the toob but failed. I only vaguely remember it, just that the line 'wash my mouth out with soap and water' was used repetetively.

I wish they would enforce simple things first.

Hogging middle lane.

Driving at 40 in a 70

Ignoring red lights, and I mean just about every road use, it's like it's become optional.

Use of phones, I could record 20 a day in my van more on motorcycle.

And what is becoming a real menace, electric scooters/bikes

Back