• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Hidey Holes

Scooby

Premium Member
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
I've been reading with interest about the items that have been found stashed in their vans.
As a newish owner, could you let me know where too look and where are the lesser known hidey holes ?

I've been reading with interest about the items that have been found stashed in their vans.
As a newish owner, could you let me know where too look
Are you looking to find stuff the prior owner left behind :D

Little tray under passenger seat

Flap under left side of glove box
You just reminded me about the secret tray thing under the glove box. I can’t remember what I put in there, going to look right now.

Under the floor at the front

Let the tension build….every Elgrander is on tenter hooks……..wow, opened it up and…….sweet fk all. What a disappointment.

A stunning Japanese woman, wearing nothing but a flimsy Kimono, has been know to emerge from under the rear bench, to lay upon it, if you tap the dash 3 times 😅

I've searched mine and I didn't even have a flare 😭

- In the boot area, there's a small cubby hole under the carpet on the right hand side. I think it houses a subwoofer (if specced).

- In the steps for the driver and front passenger. The passenger side normally holds the jack etc. I read somewhere that the plastic insert in the driver's side step can be removed for extra storage space (I've not removed mine, as with it there it's perfect for a small fire extinguisher)

- It's worth checking for Japanese coins in the cavity that the bottom of the sliding side doors go into

- The central seat has a 'hidden' compartment. Open it up and there's a tray. Lift the tray to get to the secret place for stashing snacks/whatever

- the coin tray by drivers left knee, sliding tray underneath front passenger seat and the document holder underneath the glove box have already been mentioned 👍

Last edited:
I found a load of magnets under the middle row door step. And some coins.

I’m on it this weekend !!

Our lasses purse lol

I found the central seat hidey hole while cleaning, a few weeks after my youngest had thrown up in the van.
It had caught most of it and turned it into something resembling chunky putty 🤢

There’s another hidey hole nobody has found yet
  • Central cubby hole thing under stereo?
  • Ash tray between the cup holders under the stereo?
  • Things on the back of the seats for magazines to slide into?
  • The plastic tray things under the engine for catching 10mm sockets?
  • The little cup-holders-behind-doors alongside the middle seats?
  • The cover in the rear corner (drivers side)?
TELL ME!!! 🤪

• Central cubby hole thing under stereo?
  • Ash tray between the cup holders under the stereo?
  • Things on the back of the seats for magazines to slide into?
  • The plastic tray things under the engine for catching 10mm sockets?
  • The little cup-holders-behind-doors alongside the middle seats?
  • The cover in the rear corner (drivers side)?
TELL ME!!! 🤪
I've looked everywhere! I'm out...

Back