• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Any tips for long journeys?

mcameron

Active Newbie
Scotland
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Elgrand
E51
Region
Scotland
New campervan conversion owners with a trip from the Scottish Highlands to Germany planned. Never done anything remotely similar before so thought I'd ask for any tips that might help while we still have time to include them in our plans (June for the Euros :) )

A full service before hand. I'd want to give it a good once over myself making sure nothing is moving, worn, no noises, all fluids checked etc etc . And maybe a few consumables

Oh and a jerry can

A full service before hand. I'd want to give it a good once over myself making sure nothing is moving, worn, no noises, all fluids checked etc etc . And maybe a few consumables

Oh and a jerry can
Do you mean a jerry can for petrol or water? We have water onboard but a petrol can sounds like a good idea, thanks

Really? I wouldn't know where to start for replacing them but maybe a basic toolkit is a good idea (hammer and duct tape covers most things)
a set of basic tools is always handy, i have a set in mine. as for the sensors if one fails trying to find a replacement in a different country can be a pain, so if you have spares then its just a matter of getting someone to fit them like the breakdown company

Back