• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Scotland 2018 meets

Widget

Administrator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Hi all, I am looking at arranging a few meets this year. I was looking at March July and September at the moment. Also looking at possible meeting places, the last couple of meets haven't lasted any longer than a couple of hours so was no need for eating or drinking places. If anyone is wanting to make a day of it let me know and I will have a look at places that are family friendly. Some of the places I've considered at the moment are Strathclyde park, Lanark Loch and The Kelpies. I'm looking for feedback on dates and places to try and make the meets appeal to as many members as possible. So give me your feedback and let's make this our best year. As a footnote are any of our Scottish members planning on attending JAE this year?

Cheers Andy (Widget)

Are any of your planned meets in south Scotland ?? I keep promising myself for a run up from north east England

Andy, all the proposed are great. The Kelpies are possibly the most central in the map and a good half way point for all West, East and for owners further North. ( Don't be influenced by my profile pic!!!)

Possible dates: Preference July & September, appreciate holidays etc but we will have the benefit of more day light for the return leg for owners going back home. Plus warmer climate (Hopefully). If it is baltic in March it limits appetite /attendance / duration....

I have previously posted about a possible Scottish EO "convoy" to JAE following the success of last year, got no takers the last time I checked. But yes I would be up for it!!

Cheers Andy..

@Widget - Depending on when and where, I would be interested in a South Scotland meet. Depends how money goes, but will be a nice weekend break for Pippa and myself to head up and stay over somewhere, I'll keep you more posted on that as and when I know more.

Great to see the 2018 meets being organised :D

I am at Glenelg (Skye and Lochalsh) with my E50 camper 14-21 July

Andrew, I'd be up for any of these months just depends on the dates - If I'm free I'll come. Strathclyde Park or Lanark Loch preferred! Won't make it to JAE though.........

I'd be interested in most locations it all depends on dates

3 months have now passed since this thread started with no visible traction or confirmed dates for a Scottish meet!

What is the appetite for all Scottish members(and fellow cross border EOC) to meet in a suitable location and date? Andy (Widget) any thoughts / insight following on from your original post mid Jan this year?

Hiya. Just seen this thread. We have had our Elgrand for 2 months and would be interested in a Scottish meet. We live in Central Scotland (10 mins from the Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel ) but happy to travel anywhere within reason. Available last 2 weeks in June, 1st week July, all Aug and first week in September if that helps? Happy to meet for an hour or two somewhere or a day run or camp for a weekend. It would be good to get a Scottish "section" up and running?

@Widget has actually sold his Elgrand now, so he will not be organising any Scotland meets.

Feel free to organise your own meets guys, anyone can do it. Just set a place, a time and a date and see who comes :)

Oh ok Karl. Didn't know he'd sold his motor although I knew it was up for sale a while ago. Has he resigned from Admin?

Yeah, I've just updated the forum list, but there is an announcement to go out that hasn't been done yet.

I had my Elgrand for over 3 months now and i really enjoying. Looking forward for the meeting too!

Back