• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I'm upgraded to Tein Coil overs, rear first. I'm stuck on this bolt, anyone got any ideas / inspiration? It's got enough wd40 to make the River Deben unswimble for 100 years

Attachments

• IMG_20230429_163644.jpg
    IMG_20230429_163644.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 9
I
I'm upgraded to Tein Coil overs, rear first. I'm stuck on this bolt, anyone got any ideas / inspiration? It's got enough wd40 to make the River Deben unswimble for 100 years
I live by the Deben and have swam in it many times. Surprised you have heard of it.

As Craig says, long bar
I always try to let penetrating oils sit over night

Gave Ellie a good wash, then polish using my DA polisher for the first time... then spent another hour removing all the flecks of polish that flew all over the fecking place(lesson to be learnt I think).. also repainted the grille as was rushed last time and looked shite... 6 hours out of my life I won't ever get back 🤔🫡

Today I swapped rear wheels to front and vice versa and checked the undercarriage. Tyre wear looks pretty even, front passenger side may be slightly off camber on the outer edge so will need a tweak. Discovered that the rear pads are reaching the end of their service life so will need replacing soon. Front pads fine for now.

Both boots on both front drop links are perished and split. A bit shit as they are only a couple of years old but I do have a set of adjustable ones ready to go in. They aren't knocking yet but will need changing before they start. All other rubber work looks ok for now so gave it all a clean and squirt with rubber restorer.

Some play in the driver side inner front driveshaft UJ which I knew about but not any worse and I have a spare ready to go in, so looks like I will be busy after my UK restocking trip.

Finally, I had the time and the good weather to give Kami her first bath of the year. Most of the day dedicated to giving her some TLC but well worth it. Off work next week so heading off for a tour of North Devon and some quality chill time with the van 😎IMG_20230429_185930714_HDR~2.jpg

washed the Elgrand but my six year old granddaughter wanted to go out in the buggy so we went and got petrol at the roundabout a young lad in a mk4 golf gti pulled up and revved his rather nice sounding exhaust a bit it was only out of politeness i left him behind and on the next two roundabouts as well with my granddaughter shouting faster faster he's catching up and laughing dont know if he was really trying or the demon child is a bad influence on my inner chimp:innocent::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Took her to her first jdm show today

Attachments

• 20230430_103244.jpg
    20230430_103244.jpg
    659.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230430_103257.jpg
    20230430_103257.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230430_103842.jpg
    20230430_103842.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 1
I spent an hour this morning replacing a sticking caliper. I had been fluffing around for days trying to fix a sticking piston - to no avail. Eventually common sense prevailed and I headed off to the breaker where I found 3 (!) the same as mine - 3.3 4x4 E50. The caliper cost the princely sum of $30 / 15 squids.
Now I have to decide if I need a spare for every part on the van......

My black beauty gave me another fab long weekend (sounds more interesting that it was, I meant the van!!) … great site, 7 acres and only 10 pitches and plenty of room to pitch the full base camp. How else could you enjoy 2 nights in such a location with all the luxury you need in some fine, albeit rather bijou, accommodation for £25 a night?? Gotta love (Elgrand) van life 👍

D2355E30-D632-4A03-8609-500CAD78DE28.jpeg

Bought new insurance ahead of it running out in a few weeks time. Renewal quote from Admiral was a hefty increase at £530, now with Churchill at £400.
i’ve done that a few times and next year admiral will beat churchill lol , think i went back and forth for 6 years on my navara lol

Took her to her first jdm show today

F**k me mate that paintwork is looking shinier than factory! Did you flatten the paint back or did you just spray it so well you had no orange peel!
Looks incredible, I bet it got a lot of attention at that show! 👍 :yum

F**k me mate that paintwork is looking shinier than factory! Did you flatten the paint back or did you just spray it so well you had no orange peel!
Looks incredible, I bet it got a lot of attention at that show! 👍 :yum
Thanks mate no I give it a flat with 2000 mainly to de nib any dust that gets in it do get a bit of peel but flatting sorts that out too

Took my wife out yesterday and had some light refreshments out the back of the Elgrand whilst looking at this beautiful view!
Not the best parking position but because my wife is disabled I brought the Elgrand closer to the bench! lol
Also got a wave on my travels from a stunning JDM Supra!! :p

IMG_2065.JPG
IMG_2071.JPGIMG_2074.JPGIMG_2076.JPG

Back