• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Leaving the scene of an accident is an offence, isn't it?
Though plod will probably say it's a civil matter.
Or maybe just a word to your insurer - mine still haven't let go of when I was rear ended by a chimp who drove off and I didn't have a license plate, the CCTV was wrong angle to show the plate AND I didn't claim.

Neighbour knocked my door this afternoon, told me your van has been hit by a red car reversing into it, the ederley gentleman got out checked the damage and drove off, no attempt to leave a message or knock on my door. Fortunately she has it on her CCTV and she took a snap of the car just before he left the scene, so I have his car make, model and registration number. I will look for him, I will persue him and then....he will pay.

View attachment 101575
So reported it to Surrey Police yesterday evening on-line and just received a very helpful follow-up call from an investigator asking for witness CCTV and still photo's. Was surprised by such a quick response, but I guess with all the evidence it's easy pickings?

Last edited:
So reported it to Surrey Police yesterday evening on-line and just received a very helpful follow-up call from an inestigator asking for witness CCTV and still photo's. Was surprised by such a quick response, but I guess with all the evidence it's easy pickings?
Result, good luck. :)

The %^$Ā£*&^ who stabbed 8 tyres was caught on my CCTV but the plod aren't interested.
It might be worth writing to the police and crime commissioner for your area and your MP. The cost of 8 new tyres is significant.
As a former civil servant I know that the arrival of an MP's letter gets a lot of attention higher up and decisions can be corrected or reversed.

Fing nesting birds this time of year. Both of my neighbours got starlings nesting in their eves, via entering through those soffit vents which they haven't got covers for. So basically holes.
I've had, I kid you not, 100 sh1ts easily on my cars over the last week. I'm out every 20 mins or so with the microfibres and car shampoo made up, lifting them off properly (as not to scratch the paint). BUT despite this, one sh!t over the Elgrand's front side fender and looked like it'd had an hour in the sun. Got it off but the dreaded stain/marring was left :( I managed to spot wash the section (I'd only properly washed it earlier), and get at it with Meguiers Paint Cleaner. It did a great job. Can't see the stain. Meguier;s Paint CLeaner has helped me out in so many situation over the years. Put a touch of g3 supergloss paste wax over the area after the paint cleaner did it's job, and bingo.

Fing nesting birds this time of year. Both of my neighbours got starlings nesting in their eves, via entering through those soffit vents which they haven't got covers for. So basically holes.
I've had, I kid you not, 100 sh1ts easily on my cars over the last week. I'm out every 20 mins or so with the microfibres and car shampoo made up, lifting them off properly (as not to scratch the paint). BUT despite this, one sh!t over the Elgrand's front side fender and looked like it'd had an hour in the sun. Got it off but the dreaded stain/marring was left :( I managed to spot wash the section (I'd only properly washed it earlier), and get at it with Meguiers Paint Cleaner. It did a great job. Can't see the stain. Meguier;s Paint CLeaner has helped me out in so many situation over the years. Put a touch of g3 supergloss paste wax over the area after the paint cleaner did it's job, and bingo.
I don't know if I should thumbs up, angry face or sad face this post.

Back