• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Reverse light or lack of it 😁

sg66

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Elgrand
E51
So I acquired a couple of the led reverse bulbs that I've seen on here, one side has been converted to fog.

First time out last night and found even one is a huge improvement, did notice though the reverse camera screen still very dim, then realised it auto dims with the headlights, put them off and what a difference, why Nissan didn't put the screen back to full brightness when reversing is beyond me 😂

Nope me neither.

👍🏻IMG_2125.jpeg

The reverse light on the Delica works well and blends in nicely, i might put one on the Elgrand if i can find another dentists lamp.

🙄

Last edited:
Nope me neither.

👍🏻View attachment 101233

The reverse light on the Delica works well and blends in nicely, i might put one on the Elgrand if i can find another dentists lamp.

🙄
I had a s3 landy along time ago, reverse lights weren't really a thing, I got a nice big rally light and fixed it to the rear cross member, it was brighter than both headlights by some margin 😂

Last edited:
So I acquired a couple of the led reverse bulbs that I've seen on here, one side has been converted to fog.

First time out last night and found even one is a huge improvement, did notice though the reverse camera screen still very dim, then realised it auto dims with the headlights, put them off and what a difference, why Nissan didn't put the screen back to full brightness when reversing is beyond me 😂
The brightness of the screen can be adjusted so that it is brighter at night when the lights are on. If yours is like mine, the screen doesn't go darker when the lights are on if it is still daylight (on when raining during the day), only when it starts to get dark. When the screen is adjusted to full nightime brightness it's still not great, but better.

The brightness of the screen can be adjusted so that it is brighter at night when the lights are on. If yours is like mine, the screen doesn't go darker when the lights are on if it is still daylight (on when raining during the day), only when it starts to get dark. When the screen is adjusted to full nightime brightness it's still not great, but better.
I'm fine turning lights off going backwards

You can adjust the brightness separately for lights on and lights off.

It'll be in the screen control section, not that familiar with S3 menu system, on earlier models just press the screen button.

You can adjust the brightness separately for lights on and lights off.
I was going to have a look but I prefer dim when driving so I'm happy to stick to knock main beam off when reversing

Last edited:
Back