• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

DVLA request for information...

Carolina

Premium Member
North West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Caroline
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
I received this via email this morning. If you haven't seen it and can/want to help, there is a link which I haven't included, but can forward to you from my email.

Call for evidence around policies and registration processes for historic, classic and rebuilt vehicles​

DfT and DVLA launch call for evidence around registering historic, classic and rebuilt vehicles​

DfT and DVLA launch call for evidence around registering historic, classic and rebuilt vehicles
Today, 9 May 2024, the Department for Transport (DfT) and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) have launched a call for evidence around the existing policies and registration processes for historic, classic and rebuilt vehicles.
The aim is to seek expertise and knowledge about whether these policies need updating to reflect evolving technologies that support the restoration and rebuilding of these vehicles.
DfT and DVLA are very keen to tap into a range of experience, views and research to help identify areas of potential change, whilst ensuring that road safety and accurate vehicle records on the national register remain a key priority.
The call for evidence asks for evidence on a number of topics including:
  • historic/classic vehicles registration
  • rebuilt and restored vehicles
  • kit-built vehicles
  • vehicles converted to electric propulsion
  • Q registration numbers
  • the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
This call for evidence runs until 4 July 2024

Gut instinct says junk mail, a con of some sort. I would delete and see if it gets re-sent.
Maybe DVLA website might have more info.....don't open link! 🤔

Is this the DVLA gearing up to start shafting classic vehicle owners?

Not sure what is going on, but I thought you should all see it so that if you weren't sent it, you could see what is happening!!!

should i be worried about my two modified historic bikes ????

not sure how to interpret this as my buggy is registered as a historic vehicle beech buggy on the v5 but at the bottom, it also says 1963 Volkswagen so they have all the info all ready :confused::confused:

Did a dummy run of the questionnaire, as I have a Historic Motorcycle. Looks like they want to restrict classification to genuine historic vehicles, rather than rebuilt or parts built machines, plus more control over what is acceptable as Historic. looking at Q plates, and possibly even sub classifications too.
Nothing good can come of it though...

I’ve been positive for years that they must have a committee or something that gets together now and then to think of wonderful new ways to screw the British people over. They can never leave well alone, the current system works fine why change it?

Nothing the DVLA does ever benefits drivers. They're just closing loopholes that vehicle restorers/builders use. Can't be having one over on the Government now, can we? (The f'kin corrupt robbing bastards that they are)

Nothing the DVLA does ever benefits drivers. They're just closing loopholes that vehicle restorers/builders use. Can't be having one over on the Government now, can we? (The f'kin corrupt robbing bastards that they are)
Pretty much sums up the questions..

I seen this on line looks like they want to change who can class their cars as historic as you don't need an mot or pay road tax and not sure at what age they want this to start 25 or 40 but they will charge it at some point

Back