• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

anyone have one of these screens/head units?

Ian Jones

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Elgrand
E51
anyone running one of these 10.26" android screens on there Elgrand.

looks like toy connect them to your phone for internet, used all android stuff on them, then can stream the sounds via different methods to the car (bluetooth, wire, fm transmitter)

I have been looking at the standard fit android screens for the series 3, and they are £600+, where these 10.26" ones are under £100

51kaCrQJsLL._AC_ by Ian Jones, on Flickr

looks like toy connect them to your phone for internet, used all android stuff on them, then can stream the sounds via different methods to the car (bluetooth, wire, fm transmitter)

I have been looking at the standard fit android screens for the series 3, and they are £600+, where these 10.26" ones are under £100

I've had one for 6 months now CarPlay and it's really good ! amazing for the money 👍just tuned it in to radio for perfect audio and hands free.

any pictures of it fitted please?

6dCpvPE.jpeg

Had mine about 12months can't fault it. Picture isn't clearest but the screen is really clear and vivid in reality.
Mine is dash cam and I use it for a sat nav as well I don't use it for music but obviously it can be used for streaming music etc.

I've had one for 6 months now CarPlay and it's really good ! amazing for the money 👍just tuned it in to radio for perfect audio and hands free.
I was looking getting one but provisionally got a 9 inch version to test, same function but how dies the FM extender work? I couldn't figure it it when I was just playing around...

The android unit send out the sound via a fm channel that you set. Ie 96.3 then you tune the car and save the same number I.e 96.3. So when you play that fm channel, it plays the sounds sent out by the android unit

The android unit send out the sound via a fm channel that you set. Ie 96.3 then you tune the car and save the same number I.e 96.3. So when you play that fm channel, it plays the sounds sent out by the android unit
Thanks I'll try it tomorrow.

I think for 100 notes it's not a bad shout as will earn it's worth in the functionality it provides.

My only gripe in getting one is the fact that's it's sort of an add on item not built in etc might be a little hard to work with eg mounting or finding a suitable spot you are happy with plus looking very aftermarket but I guess it's a con to many other pros. As you say it's 100 Vs 600.

Essentially it's like having a tablet in the car or a dedicated phone, both of which would probably set you back around the same money.

I can understand the fact it doesn't look factory and is very aftermarket. There are versions that can be clipped onto rear view mirror that do the same and would look less out of place. Something that I may do in the future.

I tried and couldn't get it to work, probably user error trying to do too many things at once.

My biggest gripe was I couldn't find an aux port on my E52 to run the unit wire too for the 9ther stuff lol.

I had this set up until recently. I had a sticky gel pad on the suction pad which worked a treat. I modified the bracket so it could clip on a sit on the top of the Elgrand screen. I have removed this bracket as I was getting a blurring on the Elgrand screen on longer journeys. I don't know if it was a over heating issue because of the suction cup as the back of the Elgrand screen was getting hot. I've just gone back to using my phone to navigate now.

Attachments

• IMG_20240519_130308.jpg
    IMG_20240519_130308.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240519_130232.jpg
    IMG_20240519_130232.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 5
Back